The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Senkos from the local Dick's. I used some of them yesterday and they are unusually soft even for a Senkos. Every time I set the hook my bait came off. Is there a way to " firm " them up a bit? Does adding salt to the bait while in the bags do anything? Thx

·
Registered
658 Posts
Other than buying another brand, not much you can do. There are some options out there that may help you keep what you have on the hook. I saw some tape type material advertised on the Jarrett Edwards show the other day that he uses to keep drop shot baits attached. You could also rig those particular bags you think are softer with an O-ring and use them wacky style.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Personally I think that is the beauty of the senko that it is very soft and no one has yet been able to duplicate it especially since the technology is patented. I don't care if I lose tons of senkos as long as they hit'em'
As Jarret Edwards would say, "its the magic of the wacky."
Steve A

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
alot of possibility for humor in this thread... My lures firm up when I come home and see the banshee washed and waxed the truck...
keep them cool and outa the sun when not fishing... O rings work for wacky rigging and texas style...

·
"any fish is a good fish"
260 Posts
rig for senkos - IT IS THE BEST AND THE CHEAPEST!!!!!!!!!

THIS HAS BEEN WORKING FOR ME FOR YEARS!!!!
1- go to walmart or other such outfit
2. buy a couple of packages of the smallest zip ties they sell (usually $1.50 for 100) black works for me but i also get some multi colored bags
3. pull zip tie snug against center of senko
4 cut tag end
5 run hook BETWEEN worm (NOT INTO THE WORM) and zip tie (note works best with smooth end on top -- knob facing to the bottom)

* fish all day with the same senko or switch with NO HARM to the senko
** i pre- rig colors of senkos and also pre-rig senkos with different colored zips ties as attractors
(in the spring a white senko with a red zip tie is hard to beat!

·
Registered
484 Posts
The heat def has something to do with the baits being softer than usual. Keep em out of the sun and preferably out of any warm temps. Makes them super soft. I think the reason the senkos r soft in the first place is the high content of salt that they use while making them.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Hugefish
Massages his senkos all night before a tournament he believes you have to become one with the senko to have success

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 30 Posts