The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Fishuation
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved Mike DelVisco's "Understanding Sonar" DVD on Saturday. I viewed the DVD yesterday. This is one of the most valuable fishing tools I have ever purchased.

The production is top notch and the info is invaluable for anyone who owns a sonar unit.

I cannot say enough about how great this DVD is. This thing is easily worth 3x the price.

This is no bull guys. I have no affiliation to Mike and no interest in the sale of this DVD. I am telling you this is a gem. I challenge anyone who says different.

G

·
Bassrat

I have seen Mike's presentation twice and know that he has taken it even further...
Mine will be arriving shortly and THANKS MIKE for making it available !!!!!
Woody

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
hey nick, did you return mike's call about the business proposal...

jk

his talk on sonar at last years meet was pretty enlightening. he's a great presenter. i will have to buck up for it soon.

robbie

·
The Fishuation
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Bassrat

Woody said:
I have seen Mike's presentation twice and know that he has taken it even further...
Mine will be arriving shortly and THANKS MIKE for making it available !!!!!
Woody
Woody, I was there last time Mike did BassU. That was an hor'dover compared to the DVD. This thing is almost perfect. If he could of just squeezed a few bikini babes in there, this would be acadamy award material.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks and a question for Mike

I agree that Mile's dvd is a great tool. Perhaps even more impressive is the service he provided me. My paypal payment went out on the evening of December 26. I had his package in my hot little hands this afternoon (Dec. 29). How can you beat that?

Two topics I'd like to see Mike touch on if/when he issues a second edition of his presentation are the use of greyscale and sensitivity settings. Personally, I really don't have a clue concerning where I should set the greyscale on my Eagle unit, and I tend to set sensitivity as high as I can get away with at the depth level I'm targeting before I get too much clutter. Does anybody out there have any insights they can offer concerning these issues?

Tight lines.

·
Banned
2,304 Posts
Mike DelVisco is a bass fisherman? <jokin>

Thats great news for Mike. He is certainly the "posterboy" for anyone who wants to get into the professional curcuit. He was a great influence to me in the early days and I have never forgotten his kindness to me, when I had no boat and was a rookie on the BASS trail in 1996. He took me out and showed me around a number of lakes including Hartwell, GA and Santee Cooper, SC.

Good things happen to good people!

Tight Lines!
Charlie:cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Nick, Drew and every one else with the kind words. I really appreciate the comments and are glad you liked my DVD....believe me this is only the first of many.

I am sure there will be things that people want to see in this presentation like settings, gray scale etc. I wanted to stess upon how sonar works more than how to set up a fishfinder because every body's unit is different.

Drew - I will go on my web site forum today and reply to your post. Sorry for the delay. It was a great question.

I have several more installments I am working on now including complete guide to soft plastics and crankbait fishing and possible a more advanced sonar DVD.

Any suggestions??????

Any one stilll interested log on to my site www.bassbytes.tv

MikeyD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.