The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I posted a bear mountain post and so far the chances of me going are high, but I want to know what lures I should use there. I was thinking senkos, curly tailed worms and a top water mouse. And since there is trout I would use my kastmaster spoon. Any other suggestions???

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
If anyone can catch'em at Hessian , It's Ray . I would second him on the use of the jig , if you are going to be renting a boat there I'd be prepared to put to use the drop shot as well there out in the deeper areas . I will add this as it may be of help . .
http://imageshack.us

Best to you out there , there are some decent bass in that lake . Report back .

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
They are off 20 feet on the contour. There's a spot that almost 60. I will just say look the the tightest lines

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hassian has been tough this year. Jigs and texas rigged worms are the way to go. The water is crystal clear so try natural colors. I've also done well with drop shots. The rocks on the north side of the lake usually hold decent fish. It drops from 10 to 25 ft there. Good luck!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hessian holds some huge Smallies! Once I was fishing from shore on east side of the lake when I saw 3 fish cruising the shore when at first I thought were nice size carps, wrong! At closer look they were Smallies at least 4-5 lbs each. I literally chased them around the east side of the lake but couldn't connect.
The northwest side of lake have some nice weed flats. Jig those weed edges and good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.