The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Size Matters
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jason (slowFISH) and I usually try to get together when he has a vacation day. Although I've fished his main lake (The Zoo) once with him, I usually try to get him to another lake that he either hasn't fished at all or at least not often.

On Wednesday, thanks to a loaner from Marty, we branched out even farther to a lake he had never fished. We ran into a fair number of smallish largemouth but the day was made, at least for me:fishing2: by a Large smallmouth, a new Personal Best @ 4 lbs 13 ounces.

The Secret bait of course.

Friday, in order to improve his chances for a picture fish, I loaned him a bag of the Secret baits and sure enough, he caught the first 3 fish including the 4 lb 4 oz beauty.

After 9 am with the sun getting higher in the sky, the bite shut down so we rowed to a section of the lake he hadn't fished before and then back to our starting area, but for five hours we suffered thru a period of bright skies and light winds which limited the bite to a few tail tuggers no matter what we threw or where until one of his Frankenstein baits got nailed by another 4 pounder back at the first spot we fished in the morning.

Good luck buying a bag of those.:laugh: or actually either one since Marty and Ted bought up the last 28 bags of the Secret bait. Not of course before I replenished my stock.

All in all some good fish and a new PB made it worth fishing through the slow periods.

JIM

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
nice smallmouth jim.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Congrats on the new personal minus fish Jim. Jasons two fish look like twins. It weighed less the second time he caught it from stress. He can only count it once.:laugh: Those sure look like BlueBird skies on both days. That usually means tough bite. You guys did well in those conditions.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
As usual a great couple days out with Jim.... the Smallmouth catch was funny as when it first surfaced we both said nice LMB.... then it dove back down and when it came back up agian this time it turned - flashing the bronze.... next words out of my mouth were wheres the net.... I think Jim was already going for it!!!

As for the secret baits.... no need to worry.... instead of bringing my kids out for a nice dinner this weekend - I'll lock myself in my basement making molds and will not only have the bait, but the ability to customize it to each reservoirs secret color!!! LOL!!!

Thanks again Jim for being a great host and sharing your knowledge of these waters.

J.

·
Size Matters
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jasons two fish look like twins. It weighed less the second time he caught it from stress. He can only count it once.:laugh:
Should have known you'd be wise to the old turn the boat, rearrange the rods, put on the hat Trick.:laugh:

JIM

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Should have known you'd be wise to the old turn the boat, rearrange the rods, put on the hat Trick.:laugh:

JIM
Yeah, but he was wearing the same life jacket. That gave it away.

As for the secret baits.... no need to worry.... instead of bringing my kids out for a nice dinner this weekend - I'll lock myself in my basement making molds and will not only have the bait, but the ability to customize it to each reservoirs secret color!!! LOL!!! J.
Good, two less kids to worry about when I go out to eat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.