The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the morning was admittingly a bit cooler than lately, however, it also poured heavy rain on us for about a good 10-15 minutes....

after that, thankfully, there was a lot of cloud cover, which was good, because when the sun did come out again, although not as hot as it's been, was still sweat inducing! lol....

We decided to do a different section of the Big C this following Sunday from last week's adventure, and once again , found willing biters on a few different things but nothing with a lot of consistency....

once again, we were blessed with one good sized fish, as, another eclipsed the 5 pound mark, hitting a large worm on the bottom:

similarly, another nice one also hit the worm in a different area when the Sun peeked out from the clouds:

the rest were small, along with an assortment of pickerels and yellow perch....

We tried to develop a deep crank bite, but that was mostly in vain...couldn't quite nail the location for that thing....

Wind, mercifully, was not a factor, except for the very beginning, preceding the storm, as it seemed the weathermen had it all wrong, but once the fierce but short rain ended, it because relatively calm all day, as predicted.

water temps started out at 85 degrees and topped off at 87, with mostly clear water...weed growth was abundant and healthier looking in this section than in last weeks variety.....

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
i got skunked at titicus while my partner got 3 on wacky senkos on the deep weed edges 16 to 18 feet of water.the water temps were 88 to 90 degrees.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry dodgeguy. The bite on kensico was a bit slow off the bat. I was able to land one smallie just north of the rt.22 bridge on top water. After that it died off for a while. I was able to find some weeds and cooler water where the fish were. I got 4 smallies and on a silver rapala.The large mouth were hitting chartreuse and white spinner baits as well as crawfish jigs in the weeds. This only lasted for about an hour then it shut off.

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
well i couldn't let the skunk stay on so i went to a local pond and caught 7 small bass in 1 hour.john,at least you guys got some quality fish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts