The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading south for the weekend, Atlanta Metro Area to visit my wife's family. Going to be limited "fishing" time but planning a trip up to Lake Lanier, maybe the Chattahoochee River, I had a speed boat all lined up but everyone bailed on the idea, so looks like I'll be back on the bank. I'll have limited tackle and only my spinning reel and rod, because I'll be taking it on the plane in my suit case:)

Anyway - I've watched a few videos and done some scouting online, looks like a good Striper Lake, i was hoping they would have some Florida Bass, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Kind of taking a shoot in the dark here, given this is NYBass - Does anyone know anything about Lanier or seen any shows on it or anything useful?

What would you bring if you had only a limited tackle box?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have nothing to realy help you with... but all the normal Stuff, a couple of Cranks baits KVD 2.5 are excellent, a few Senkos may be a spinner bait and buzz bait. I'm looking forward to hearing how you made out...Good Luck

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll bring a few jigs and trailers, Worms/Hooks/Weights for texas/wacky rig maybe drop shot, 1 Spook for top water, 2 spinners and 1 or 2 cranks. Looking at the forecast doesn't sound promising, but I'll do my best to land some bass, hoping for a fatty and report back for sure.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well one problem, was going to drop ship my rod down and my Dad says why? You can just take in your suit case, well even with my spinning rod broken down it didn't fit!! May have to pick up one of those tomato stakes from Dicks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.