The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to enjoy what may be the last weekend of summer (not for fishing though as that NEVER ends ) in PA w/ the wife... ....Never been here....Gonna bring a rod and maybe fish before she gets up in the morning on Sunday...Any suggestions.....Is there shore fishing?.......We are going to this festival called Wally Fest(not the fish, the Lake name) .......Any help or suggestions appreciated.....Have a great weekend!....FISH ON(ALWAYS!!)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Go to the boat house restaurant. There are boat slips. The restaurant usually has one and they don't say anything about you fishing off of it but the ones that say no trespassing stay off. Someone will be on your ass right away. The shore to the right also has some good fishing. You can cast to most of the docks. I have caught some pigs there. They love tubes

There's also a place called the settlers inn. Awesome food and the Lackawaxen is right behind it. Good wade fishing right behind the inn. Loaded with smallies in the summer and trout. I got a 5# + brown out of there. You will see the hole directly the inn.

Schuman's point on the lake is good too if you like to hike. There's a cove if you take the trail to the right. The water is probably low enough the work your way around it. Good fish in there too.

FYI watch the guy at the sport shop. He really hikes the prices up and the tourist have no clue. You can get a crappy $20 for $80

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips on the fishing and dining.....Not sure how much fishing I'm gonna have a chance to get in...gonna sneak out early when the wife is still sleeping Sunday morning for a few hrs.....Thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are actually staying in Lake Ariel at the comfort inn...it's @ 4 miles from Wallenpaupack.......Are you familiart w/ that area?...We are gonna BE DRIVING AROUND AND ENJOYING A BREAK FROM THIS AREA FOR 2 DAYS.....Not gonna really be spending too much time fishing this time....but gonna check it out.....It's different when spending time w/ the wife than going with the guys for the sole purpose of fishing.....Any help appreciated on stuff to do, things to see, restaurants to eat at...They are having this Wallenpaupack Festival which is gonna be stuff like farmers markets and car shows and guided hikes....stuff I'd rather avoid....lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
In the morning, use a tube or spider jig at the state park off of Rt.6. Those will work as will swimming a Keitech 3.0 or 3.5 Swing Impact. Use an 1/8 oz jighead, and you'll be set to go.

Maybe we'll hit the sheds next weekend... (If I'm not working)

Enjoy yourselves and be safe!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Also, take the wife to Castle Antiques & Reproductions on Rt.6 in Hawley. They have some wild stuff in there. It's a store so you can just browse around but it has the "feel" of a museum. Even I enjoyed it and I hate shopping!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, take the wife to Castle Antiques & Reproductions on Rt.6 in Hawley. They have some wild stuff in there. It's a store so you can just browse around but it has the "feel" of a museum. Even I enjoyed it and I hate shopping!
Thanks John for the heads up.....Will take your suggestions.....and we hopefully will fish next weekend!!!...Looking forward to slamming some bronze w/ you again!!!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I think Castle Antiques & Reproductions closed. The guys from Settlers inn opened a coffee shop in front of it called the cocoon and also bought the place around behind it and turned it into a much nicer place. Settlers inn is the best place to eat and they have a back deck that's nice. It's pricy but good. Sorry Marty we took our two year old there. I'm not familiar with the lake ariel area. Downtown Hawley is really nice. Check out the rooms at settlers if you go by.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think Castle Antiques & Reproductions closed. The guys from Settlers inn opened a coffee shop in front of it called the cocoon and also bought the place around behind it and turned it into a much nicer place. Settlers inn is the best place to eat and they have a back deck that's nice. It's pricy but good. Sorry Marty we took our two year old there. I'm not familiar with the lake ariel area. Downtown Hawley is really nice. Check out the rooms at settlers if you go by.
Castle closed? That's too bad. They had some really bizarre stuff. My wife is going to cry when I tell her.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got back from an awesome weekend w/ wifey at this beautiful lake.....You have no idea how many $$$$$$$$$ bass boats I saw one after another ......I felt like i have whiplash on my neck looking at so many nice rigs...Anyway, found out a little about the lake and some good spots for the future but most are boat access so I'll have to go back next year... I fished on shore on Sunday morning before she woke up........Started throwing Topwater and then switched it to Spinnerbaits once the popper bite turned off...I managed 15 Largemouth in a 2 hour period then it died off....Nothing big but alot of fun on a new lake...Gonna make this a regular summer spot for me and the wife...It is gorgeous up there......Here's a few from Sunday morning .....Thanks for looking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts