The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From one of Doug Vahrenburg's video's, scrolll along the toolbar in menus and cilck on sonar. From the drop down menus click on enhance. From those menus click on contour. You will now have eliminated the gap in the side imaging display that shows depth. All you will see is the bottom. The depth will still display at the bottom of the screen. Nice.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give it a try. The only downside is you won't see anything directly underneath the boat, but you could run the sonar or down imaging on the split screen. I like to run the side imaging, down imaging, and sonar on the same screen, so with that setup there really isn't a need to see directly under the boat on the side imaging, since the down imaging and sonar have that covered. I'm thinking this will be very useful for that setup. I'll be trying it out this weekend.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the combination I was using too until I started using the GPS screens more. I fish out of a kayak and once I hook a fish I either get pulled or blown from where I was. I find myself fishing a good distanc efrom shore so there are no landmarks to guide me back. The GPS takes care of this.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That is a nice feature that I have tried in the past, but I prefer to have the water column shown. Even though 2D is much better for showing fish, you will see a lot of fish and balls of bait in the water column on SI mode.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That is a nice feature that I have tried in the past, but I prefer to have the water column shown. Even though 2D is much better for showing fish, you will see a lot of fish and balls of bait in the water column on SI mode.
Yeah, I don't see myself using the feature all the time. I think it would be useful when I want more detail on the bottom, getting rid of the water column will allow me to see more detail on the bottom since it will be bigger on the screen. Seeing the water column is what I see myself using the most, as you said you can see a lot of fish and bait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts