The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the threads here are concerned with Welch, Sebago and tiorati. There are other lakes that allow fishing but some have no launches or very difficult ones. Ascoti comes o mind. Any input on the others? One of the main advantages of a kayak is the ability to launch in such places.

·
psycho bass fisherman
3,209 Posts
A few of the lakes you cant fish or put a boat in until after labor day,Some u have to hike too,and some don't allow boats.They all have bass,some just fish better than others.Askoti is good if u enjoy fishing coontail and milfoil,That lake is loaded with 2lbrs and some 3s.
Some of the smaller Sterling forest lakes have decent fishing,and don't get molested to bad.
Straight up... Sebago and Silvermine have the biggest fish in my opinion,Welch can be at times a great numbers lake.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I'll have to give Sebago another shot. It was ahole fest the day I went so I haven't been back. That's what I get for fishing on a weekend

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I was at Sebago once when the bass were in the spawn and picked off some big girls . It must be as John , says because I have not see him out on Welch or a report from him being there this season . I better give Sebago another shot and with some brush hogs tied on .

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I have caught big fish in just about every lake Harriman has to offer. I'm a big believer in fishing rock.

Caught his this year there

Caught this last year

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Nawahunta is across from Silvermine and I would love to get me kayak on it. I have been bugging them for years and they said you can't park there so how are you going to get your kayak there? I told the girl I would drag it from silvermine and she looked at me like I had a third eyeball. The Russians have been hitting it hard.
That's my go to lake if I can't get a bite elsewhere and you are almost guaranteed the see a bear on the far side or six

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
Want you all to know I'm coming out of the closet ! Many anglers do drag old John boats , canoes tarp the thing and cover it with brush chain to a tree ( msybe 100 yars from rhe shoreline )they hit those lakes when no one is around , when you backpack alot You come across interesting things !

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
There is supposed to be a cave up there that lost hikers spent the night in that was full of cannons, guns and other stuff thought to be from the revolutionary war. They found their way back out but couldn't find the cave again. One ranger spent many years trying to find it but never did.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ohh stories stories stories!! Where is the haunted ghost stories? I'm sure there is one.. maybe a story of the host hitchhiker at harriman or something... OHHHHH...

My last experience @ Sebago was roughly a month and a 1/2 ago.. mid June? And nothing was biting.. I only had one dink.. which was still a great feeling on a jig.. tick tick and SET HOOK!! and then awww a dinky...

Gotta learn to fish post spawn and fall.. who wants to educate me?:peace:

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
There is supposed to be a cave up there that lost hikers spent the night in that was full of cannons, guns and other stuff thought to be from the revolutionary war. They found their way back out but couldn't find the cave again. One ranger spent many years trying to find it but never did.
very UNexplored part of... just like many parts of NYS. Some years back I sat down with a man & his wife ( over pie and coffee ) who had family livining up in the woods we talked about family life up that way .

·
psycho bass fisherman
3,209 Posts
ohh stories stories stories!! Where is the haunted ghost stories? I'm sure there is one.. maybe a story of the host hitchhiker at harriman or something... OHHHHH...

My last experience @ Sebago was roughly a month and a 1/2 ago.. mid June? And nothing was biting.. I only had one dink.. which was still a great feeling on a jig.. tick tick and SET HOOK!! and then awww a dinky...

Gotta learn to fish post spawn and fall.. who wants to educate me?:peace:
The smaller bass(1-3lb class) bunch up and suspend in that lake on main and secondary points ,For some reason the sawbellies love to hang out there,I can catch them pretty good drop shoting,My better fish come from the North side towards the beach fishing the thick coontail,im sure over the years I posted some big fish out of Sebago.
I have done well post spawn fishing at Sebago with flukes and buzzbaits fishing the weeds on the North end of the lake,Also fishing small topwater baits by the dam.
In the summertime electronics are a must in those lakes !!!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I just got a Dragonfly with DI. I tested it in Tiorati and found a lot of fish deep but very few deep bites. They kept biting the claws off my trailers

·
psycho bass fisherman
3,209 Posts
I was at Sebago once when the bass were in the spawn and picked off some big girls . It must be as John , says because I have not see him out on Welch or a report from him being there this season . I better give Sebago another shot and with some brush hogs tied on .
Haven't had much time to fish this year Jerome,(bums me out man) Fished Welch once this year and caught a bunch of fish but all small.
Actually I might hit Sebago tomorrow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The smaller bass(1-3lb class) bunch up and suspend in that lake on main and secondary points ,For some reason the sawbellies love to hang out there,I can catch them pretty good drop shoting,My better fish come from the North side towards the beach fishing the thick coontail,im sure over the years I posted some big fish out of Sebago.
I have done well post spawn fishing at Sebago with flukes and buzzbaits fishing the weeds on the North end of the lake,Also fishing small topwater baits by the dam.
In the summertime electronics are a must in those lakes !!!
I wanted to check out the north side but it gets very shallow so I never went there.. I'm sure it get's very weedy there and frogging would be lovely..

When you say main and secondary points.. where are you refering to? PM me if anything..

·
psycho bass fisherman
3,209 Posts
I wanted to check out the north side but it gets very shallow so I never went there.. I'm sure it get's very weedy there and frogging would be lovely..

When you say main and secondary points.. where are you refering to? PM me if anything..
The North side is mostly 6-7 ft deep with a 14 ft channel that runs the length of it all the way to the beach.
Where it bottle necks..You know were.just think about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.