The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HardCore
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to work hard to put together a decent catch that is.

The fishing was slow today, but mu buddy Jim & I eked out a pretty respectable catch of 21 decent bass. (Twenty-one. That's blackjack!)

Had to fish pretty much everything we knew to do it, and the only real pattern seemed to be that there was no pattern. Or maybe there were 5 or 6 of them, but none was strong enough to muster up a good catch by itself. Tough to tell.

Water temp was right around 80, and it was partly cloudy in the AM, and mostly sunny with a stiff breeze (that eventually turned to a verystiff breeze) out of the SSW in the afternoon.

I started us off with a pretty good one from about 15 feet of water along the side of a point on the big SwimFish. Jim then banged two quick ones on the PanhHead Jig. My next fish came on the Ozmo followed by my best of the day on the SwimFish. So far, all our fish were pretty much outside weedline fish.

Our next fish came on the drop shot from an extended point, and then Jim got one flipping shallow weeds, and I got one from open water on the swimbait when we saw a couple alewives break water near an off-shore hump. Jim got a couple more in the PanHead, and I got three in pretty short order on an unweighted 5.75? Fin-S Fish in next to no water. Thought it might be the beginning of a pattern, until my soft jerkbait rod broke for no apparent reason and that bite stopped for me.

A few more deep fish on the drop shot (motor oil pepper Ribster, of course) were followed by several fish flipping the Ozmo in shallow weeds.

Pattern? Who needs a pattern?

I caught 3 fish each on the drop shot Ribster, the Alewife SwimFish, and the Albino Fin-S Fish, and four on the Ozmo (one casting to the deep weed edge, and three flipping in shallow veggies. Jim got three flipping, one on the SwimFish, and five on the PanHead.

Here are some pics.

·
HardCore
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like 'em a lot better than the Columbia shirts I've been wearing the last few years. Both are SPF 50,m but the Guidewear are lighter and barely absorb water, so they dry out in no time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.