The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, I took my friend Nick out for the first time this year. He has been dating my wife's best friend for years. We have been talking about going out all year, but I kept telling him I will get him out when the big fish bite...

Well the water was 74*. Its been steady at that temp for a few weeks now....and tonight was the first sign that the big girls are already starting to get into their fall patterns...However I had to battle 20mph winds all afternoon.

First fish was 5lbs 5oz's She came on a jig.

Me and Nick actually had a double with this fish. He got a 3lb 12oz one on a spinnerbait, but dropped it off the side of the boat before we got a picture. He only got one small fish after that for the night.

Next up was this girl....14' of water.

5lbs 10oz's

and then right after her, this slob...

6lbs 3oz's

I also got a 4.8 and a few in the high 3's, but they gotta make the 5lb cut mark for picture time. Off they went....now for the fun part....

2 minutes after I pulled into my spot, and nailed the 6.3 a kayaker comes up to me and said there are 2 jet ski's on the other side of the lake, that had him come over to ask me if I could tow them to the boat launch, and they would pay me. I told the kid I would in a few minutes, I just pulled up to this spot (and was marking fish on the sonar). Well, I nailed 3 fish one right after another, after the kid in the kayak left. 15 minutes later, I pull up the trolling motor to head over to see whats going on. As I start my boat, they had a guy in a Open Bow boat already halfway across the lake to them. I figured cool, I dont need to go over there now (which I didnt want to tow them anyways, its not good for the boat) and these guys apparently sucked weeds into their props and couldnt get the jet ski's started (for those of you that know this 300 acre weedy ass lake, you know that putting a jet ski on it, is dumb)....well, I am the last one out of the boat launch around dark....I backed my truck in and get out and look at my hood. They threw Mcdonalds all over my truck. Smeared BBQ sauce all over my windshield and my hood. Threw 2 bottles of coke all over my hood. Paper bags, fries etc. I am pretty furious about it.

·
Mission Accomplished
4,535 Posts
Bunch of great bass man WTG !

Hate to hear about the other crap, people suck. I noticed last time there some people have no respect for that parking area. :(

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
After such a great day, that sucks....What a bunch of scumbags.......I have seen a few things similar @ various boat launches this year as well.......No respect ....Hopefully a car wash will help....On a bright note, Nice SLOBS...Looks like a great day on the water

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
What is it about jet skiers? I had one that kept buzzing my yak in Maine. I was working trees close to shore and the wake pushed me up on the rocks. I gave him the one finger salute and he got the message not to mention the almost mile wide lake. My friend Ritchie used a 3 oz sinker to slow them down

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well when I first pulled into the launch, I was the only truck in there other then the jet ski's...so I have a mental note of what their truck and trailer look like. I also know what their jet ski's look like.

what they don't know is I work right across the street and go to that lake a few times a week, and I know alot of people that come in and out of that lake. I will be keeping a eye out for them.

I guess some people never grow up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya know what. I have broken down on the water before and it sucks. It was pretty nice when a guy came and towed our boat 6 miles back to Million dollar beach. I offered him money and he refused. 6 Miles.............! You were gonna tow 2 jetskis about 1/2 mile at most. And how much is it really bad for your boat to tow a jetski. With your boat it would take 45 seconds to zip over there throw them a rope and 5 minutes later have them at or NEAR the launch. They wern't asking you to load them up and drive them home. It seems to me you are just a Cocky, Lazy S.O.B. that couldn't stand to lose "3 fish" to help someone out! Wait till you have trouble some day. AND it was you buddys first time out. What a great lesson it would have been to show him how boaters help each other. NOW with that being said I DONT AGREE with the vandalism they did to your truck/personal property........That is too far! People should leave other peoples property alone. But you SKEETER SS are a real D-BAG!!!! Hope this is your lesson.......Help someone out next time.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya know what. I have broken down on the water before and it sucks. It was pretty nice when a guy came and towed our boat 6 miles back to Million dollar beach. I offered him money and he refused. 6 Miles.............! You were gonna tow 2 jetskis about 1/2 mile at most. And how much is it really bad for your boat to tow a jetski. With your boat it would take 45 seconds to zip over there throw them a rope and 5 minutes later have them at or NEAR the launch. They wern't asking you to load them up and drive them home. It seems to me you are just a Cocky, Lazy S.O.B. that couldn't stand to lose "3 fish" to help someone out! Wait till you have trouble some day. AND it was you buddys first time out. What a great lesson it would have been to show him how boaters help each other. NOW with that being said I DONT AGREE with the vandalism they did to your truck/personal property........That is too far! People should leave other peoples property alone. But you SKEETER SS are a real D-BAG!!!! Hope this is your lesson.......Help someone out next time.

dude, are you serious? this is your 2nd post...you must be one of those 3 guys. Did you not read what I wrote? I was going to go over there and get you guys! You guys sat over there for 2 hours or so, and you couldnt wait 15 more minutes for me to come over there, and you had to vandalize my truck? are you freaken serious? You dont even know me, and thank god you dont. I do not want any affiliation with scumbags like you guys. Can't wait 15 minutes, for me to come over there so you throw shit all over my truck. I have gave my shirt off my back for ALOT of people. You have no clue. Watch your mouth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope I'm not one of "THOSE GUYS" And I said I dont agree with what they did but when some one needs help.....help them. You will be in that position some day. Everybody has a bad boating experience at least once! And what does having 2 posts have to do with anything......because you have 1821 posts that makes you a better person? Obviously not! I have read your posts in the past all you do is brag and pose for photos.... good, you catch big fish.. Good for you, you are a luckier/better fisherman than me. But you are still a D-Bag that wont help someone out.

·
Registered
458 Posts
That thought should have been pm'd rh, use your brain next time. No need for us to read how you feel, because nobody cares. I do care when people waste my time though.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope I'm not one of "THOSE GUYS" And I said I dont agree with what they did but when some one needs help.....help them. You will be in that position some day. Everybody has a bad boating experience at least once! And what does having 2 posts have to do with anything......because you have 1821 posts that makes you a better person? Obviously not! I have read your posts in the past all you do is brag and pose for photos.... good you catch big fish.. Good for you are a luckier/better fisherman than me. But you are still a D-Bag that wont help someone out.
Where did I mention having 2 posts makes me better then you? now you are ASSUMING like you did with your first post in here, attacking me about it. You having 2 posts, means you were searching the internet, LOOKING for this story and found it. Signed up and posted. Thats what I get out of your 2nd post, attacking me in my thread.

you have read my posts and all I do is brag and pose with fish huh? maybe your on the wrong forum then. This is NEW YORK BASS. This is a bass fishing forum and I am catching BASS so I fail to see what the issue is? And how does catching big fish, make me cocky? I enjoy catching big fish, and I know how to do it pretty well. I have also helped alot of friends and people on this forum catch big fish with me on this lake. I fail to see how there is a issue with this?

and I help everyone. God forbid, they had to wait 15 more minutes because they decided to drive their jetski's through a weedbed and beach them on the bank. You know nothing about me, and you seem to think you do.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts