The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was a pretty good day. I had my buddy come up to spend the day fishing who I have been friends with since we were little. I am teaching him how to use a jig, and he ended up catching 10 bass, flipping with his first day. Not bad at all. Now he is Hooked on it.

The water was 74.x * when I got out. This is a great water temp for the big girls. Well around 10am, I put this girl in the boat...

7lbs 12 oz's

and from my buddy's I phone...

I knew she was a big girl when I set the hook, and she had the upper hand on this one. I told my buddy, to just grab the net. We netted her, and I thought for sure she was going to be in the 8's, but she probably pooped that extra 4 oz's on my boat before I even weighed her (seriously, he shit everywhere). My buddy was dumbfounded. This was the first time he has been on this lake since we went out there in a small row boat when we were kids. He has never seen a bass in person over 6lbs. The best part about it, was I boated her next to another bass boat ;)

We ended up catching about 20 fish between us. Most were small with a few in the mid to high 4's. Nice, healthy fish and obviously eating well.

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
nice bass dude !!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Great job man that's a catch! We hit Saratoga on Saturday, didnt do too hot. Had five fish for six lbs. tough fishing in all that wind we had. Just couldn't get anything with size. U beat my whole bag with one fish haha.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
where is the pic of the other guy's big gal??
:p

Congratz on getting the 7.xx you been craving!!!! Like Seb said, now go get us a 8 to see!!
I was trying to get him a 5lber or bigger, but unfortunately the biggest he got was a 2.14. I set him up with the same exact setup I was using too as I have triples of lures I find that work.

by the end of August hopefully I can find one bigger then 8lbs. This guy is weeks earlier from when I usually get the ones over 7lbs.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great job man that's a catch! We hit Saratoga on Saturday, didnt do too hot. Had five fish for six lbs. tough fishing in all that wind we had. Just couldn't get anything with size. U beat my whole bag with one fish haha.
I havent been on saratoga yet this year. Honestly, when I go there its to walleye fish now. That lake is pretty disappointing how it fishes now. Its a lake that you can get alot of small guys, but to get the big ones it really is pure luck. The fishing there isnt like what it used to be 6+ years ago

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
NICE BEAUTY SSKeeter SS.....That pic needed to be fixed....too nice not to have a decent pic so I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty to do so....Hope you like it better......Congrats on that true Lunker!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.