The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bass bite has been tough around here. Water temps are 87* and rising. I have only been out a few times in the last 2 weeks and the biggest bass I could fool to the boat was 5.9lbs. I have a picture but we all know what those look like....

well, I ended up with this Pretty little gator here tonight...Man was she a fight. I would take one of these any day over a big bass. She was a measly 41"

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
she was a nice one for sure! My buddy actually shot a release video. I will post it later when he uploads it.

I actually saw her sitting on the bottom on my sonar, but I always mark these fish here and never once have I actually got one that I can truely saw I marked. Also, right after I let this one go, I marked more. I put the jig down and tied on my new Lucky Craft magnum 110 square bill. 8-10 casts later, while im running this 2oz square bill on the bottom in 15ft of water I have another one SLAM it. How I didnt hook up with her is beyond me. It hit the lure so hard. This is my 2nd northern this week. First one was this small guy...

Marty, im glad she is double points lol.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.