The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mission Accomplished
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked up with NYbasser Jay415 , who happen to be in my neck of the woods ... why not do some fishing !! :fishing2:

Wasn't sure what to expect from the fish since I've only been out a few times. We arrived early with an air temp just reaching 50 degrees (it is August , right ??) LOL

We struggled to get a fish in the boat early on, than we got a certain weather pattern I was hoping for and the fish decided to play along. We stuck with topwater frogs, I got 1 on a buzzbait, than we ended with a nice jig bite :)

Managed approx. 20 fish, with a few slime darts mixed in, here are a few of the better ones ...

Jay gets 1/2 credit for my fish ... it popped off the hook boat side and he just got the net under it and caught it :worthy:

We had some good fishing action and good laughs. It was fun man :peace:

BB

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Had a great time, thanks for getting me out there! Too bad we couldn't stay longer, the bite was getting hot when we were getting ready to leave. Love that jig bite! First one felt like I set the hook into a log! He didn't want to go anywhere, great fight!

·
Mission Accomplished
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
excellent fishing men..cool seeing NYBASSers getting together..

Glad you mention that Zip ... This was the very 1st time Jay and I ever met.

Part of NYbass that I have always liked and one of the reasons I joined the site Many years ago was not just to talk about fishing but also share water with like minded individuals. I have fished with about a dozen or so members over the years, attended a few get togethers in the past and made many friends through the site.

Back in 06' I think it was, I took a vacation to FL and wanted to do some bass fishing down there. A member of the site put me in contact with a good friend in FL who I got to spend the day on lake Toho with. How cool is that you can fish with a complete stranger 1,200 miles away, through a mutual contact. Without ending up on a missing persons report that is LOL !!!!

I was more than happy to invite Jay out to one of my local spots when I knew he was going to be up this way, hundreds of miles from home.
And we got on fish - that was a bonus.

Look forward to trips with other Nybassers in the future. :peace:

BB

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
awesome - glad to see your spot producing... I did a double Saturday evening on the River for Smallies & they were biting - caught at least 50 in 3 hours - but nothing over 3 lb., then hit Crooked Sunday - pickerel were every where - followed us in often & caught a bunch too - I did get a 5.2 lm on a jig in 10ft of water - and between 2 had at least 30 LM & maybe 30 pickerel as well....

Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.