The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
several members have had some great ideas lately on how to better organize the forums... i've also thought in the past that the forums could be better organized... the "places to fish" forum is way too overused with topics not related to places to fish so i think a change is due... the new "wanted" forum installed a few weeks ago has been a huge success, so on the heels of that victory i'm implementing a few more forum changes:

first, i've finally merged "places to fish" and "fishing reports"... all threads that used to be in "fishing reports" are now in "places to fish"...this is way overdue, as the two forums are practically the same.

also, thanks to bassrat, there's a new "product review" section where members can review new fishing products... other members that have experience with the same product are encouraged to participate in these threads... this could be a great forum when it gets up to speed!

and, thanks to bass stalker (this man is 2 for 2!), we have a new "meeting grounds" forum where members can find others to fish with and post open seats available... this forum is especially important since it embraces what NYBASS is all about... although we love our tournament guys and will continue to support the competetive side of the sport, the true spirit of the site comes from what johnG has established and both of us continue to nurture: the good nature of our community and the fun that comes with sharing with others in a non competitive environment.

so, i hope everyone enjoys the new forums...please use them and don't get married to "places to fish" please.... lets spread it out and use these other forums.:D

G

·
Mike

and, thanks to bass stalker (this man is 2 for 2!), we have a new "meeting grounds" forum where members can find others to fish with and post open seats available... this forum is especially important since it embraces what NYBASS is all about... although we love our tournament guys and will continue to support the competetive side of the sport, the true spirit of the site comes from what johnG has established and both of us continue to nurture: the good nature of our community and the fun that comes with sharing with others.

"although we love our tournament guys and will continue to support the competetive side of the sport, the true spirit of the site comes from what johnG has established and both of us continue to nurture: the good nature of our community and the fun that comes with sharing with others."

For some reason I am not feeling the Love.

Since alot of "Tournament Guys" have BOATS I am sure that we could be included in sharing a boat with someone and the fun that comes with sharing with others.

Woody

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Huge,
You know theres ALWAYS a seat for you in my boat!

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
woodrow!... the agitator!... the man with an axe to grind! ...you're waaaayyy too sensitive... so you read that and think i'm dissing you and all the tournament anglers?...relax... i just want to make it clear what the guiding principles are here at nybass... that's all... good for you if you want to share your boat... great... but i just want to make it CLEAR that the competitive aspect of the sport is secondary to the comraderie aspect at NYBASS, period... the competitive aspect gets so much play on television and in the media in general when it comes to bass fishing... it's like if you say your into bass fishing these days, people think you have some 30,000 dollar bass boat and are gonna be tearing up their lake...not all bass fishermen strive to be a BASS Pro... one thing i want to do here at NYBASS, and i'm sure john will agree, is to emphasize the rest of what's wonderful about the sport... i will be doing the same thing with my TV show... i've fished in tourneys and will continue to do so probably... but there is one thing i am sure of: tournament fishing is not the same as pleasure fishing... with that said, we will support both here at NYBASS... but competitive fishing will always be second to pleasure fishing here if i have any say.

G

·
Truth be told....

I was working alot during your hiatus last year..
Did I NOT invite you out SEVERAL times when you all of a sudden had child responsibilities?
I do not have the down time like some folks do....
Leigh, maybe you can show me that Slider technique?
Woody

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Woody,
I would be honored. Anytime--your boat or mine!:D

G

·
Mike...You Crack me up

"not all bass fishermen strive to be a BASS Pro"

"i've fished in tourneys and will continue to do so probably"

Huh?

Glad you and John own the site...

Mike...I am not way to Sensitive but I like to fish competitively...Does that make me a bad guy?
LMAO
Woody

G

·
I was hoping to avoid the spell checker typecasting

but have you been to the Ugly Duckling web page? Assuming I have the right page; check it out. EQUIPTMENT?

Where would you like to go in late April early May?

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
i gotta say ---
with all the bickering and BS, ya still can't beat this place for a fishing board.

it still has a good group of guys and a few women (besides nick) that are cool to hang around with, and fish with.

i met barry, woody, john g, scott and andrew early on and wouldn't trade that for a million.

i got to fish a backwoods lake with a gentleman on a great rocket (even though it was too small a lake to open her up.) great lake.. great guy.. thanks paul m.

i got to, and get to fish some snappy ponds with the skipping fool... bassman craig.

i got to meet some really cool guys in a club that some people created out here on LI and these guys kick a$$.

nick, dean i can't say enough about that couple... like quarreling lovebirds and their big brother Kenny c.

mike d nyc!!! wow. class act! brought me to gotti bass lake. where we almost got arrested.

ttony F... gotta use that again-- Class Act. nice boat too.. the 2nd one. mahopac madness.

pat x and mikeyD are both cool cats that i have yet to fish with, but have fished around and talked with... both solid all american guys. live to fish, fish to live. and damn good at it.

i could go on for pages

joe P floatin peconic, mark cappazzola.. heart of gold, leigh price great guy.

jpsurf and the local ponds we hit.. surf fishing and dock fishing with JP, Frank, noLuck and scott.

holy S
if you are not mentioned -- i didn't forget you -- my friggin hands are numb form poking the keys.

so there may be BS and bickering - but it is definitely a great crew.

great job to all that run this circus!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
paladin...yeah, i saw that and think i mentioned it in another post.

woody... i read my initial post over and realize that i may not have worded my thoughts as eloquently as i'd thought... i in no way meant to alienate tournament fishermen, but it seems i may have in my wording...sorry for that... with that said, i still stand by my conviction to keep NYBASS focused on the pleasure aspect of the sport.

i think i pulled a woodrow...doh!:eek:;)

G

·
Mike

"My conviction to keep NYBASS focused on the pleasure aspect of the sport."

I wouldn't want it to be any other way !!!!!

"i think i pulled a woodrow...doh! "
Thanks for making me laugh OUT LOUD;)

Woody

G

·
It looks to me as though we ( T fisherman)

already have a place. TOURNAMENT INFORMATION FORUM

I feel welcome...sort of. I haven't heard from you John.

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Mitch: you weren't at your job later in the day and I left a message on your cell....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts