The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to fort pond in Montauk this week end was wondering if any one can help me out never been there. Looking for info on ramp condition have a john boat but towing it with a car. Any generic fishing info would help not asking for any paticular spots.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi,

It's a paved ramp easy in easy out. The parking lot can get a little busy during the summer, especially if there is a water event going on. I was out there two years ago about this time on the year and there was a triathlon going on, bicycle, swimming, and mini marathon. I'd check online to see if there are any events happening before going out there.

Charlie Y

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I fished there a few times over the years, nice lake. Can be tough at times (think Ronkonkoma East). There are some nice fish in there though. I've gotten some good fish there on Senkos, Big Ikas. I would also try crankbaits and swimbaits. Good luck.

·
Find Me At Ronk
360 Posts
I know I'm a little late but to the right of the ramp is like a sunken dock or something. There's always fish on it.

If you go all the way across the lake and make a left, that shoreline is always good. In front of the duck blind is usually productive. Off the golf course as well.

And always eat at Pizza Village. Best pizza east of Little Vinnys.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Pizza village has nothing on primavera..make a left once you leave the ramp.once you get to west lake drive, it is directly across from movie theatre. You can thank me later....Dont be afraid to fish deep,there is some good smallies in there..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.