The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Forge this past Mon. Dad is turning 88 in two weeks the goal was to spend time with him and catch a few fish. Mon was a beautiful day, the heat broke a little in the morning, the water was 72, water clarity was about 3ft. We fished from 8-12 (got off the water before the heat kicked in) I set dad up with a weedless wacky rig, I was throwing a Ned Rig. Wel after an hour we had one dink on the Ned. I switched over to a 1/16th Brewer Slider head with a 4" Hula Stick rigged weedless, green pumpkin, that was the ticket. I switched dad over with the same for the balance of the day we caught basically bass after bass a mix 40% dinks the balance decent fish 1-1 1/2 lbs, the biggest was a lttle over 3. We had multiple doubles, he was laughing. It was so great to see him enjoying himself, this was the first time out together since Co-vid (we are both vaccinated) while we were fishing we ran into a guy having trouble with his boat, either battery or trolling motor issue. The breeze was blowing with the current, he was an older gentleman and never been able to paddle back to the ramp. We towed him back to the ramp and fished while he loaded up, caught a few more and called it a day boating over 3 dozen LMB and a few crappies. Over excellent day out with dad, we did our good deed. Hopefully get out with him again before his birthday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like a great day and great trip. I went yesterday (Thursday, 6/10/21) with my kayak. Noon till around 3pm. Very tough bite for me. Was trying swimbaits and senkos. Very few bites. Finally caught two small ones, around 1 pound each towards the end of my day. The wind was crazy as usual. I would have stayed out longer but the wind was driving me crazy and by 3pm I had enough. I was still glad to get 2 fish that gave me good fights.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John, It was a long time. Heading up to Alexandria Bay next week, rented a boat looking for those big smallies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts