The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out Tues with dad on Forge Pond, weather was overcast most of the day, water temps ranged between 65 - 70 depending on where we were on the river, clarity was about 2ft. We caught 20 LMB nothing of any size most between 12-16"s and one pickerel. Caught most of my fish on a Ned rigged Hula Stik on a 1/15 TRD Finesse Bullet head, some on a 2.8 Keitech on 1/8th head. Pop caught most of his on Berkley 4" General wacky rigged. Pop is going to be 89 in a couple of weeks,great to be on the water with him. Love the new Millenium seats I put in the boat they are super comfortable.My Lowrance Triple shot took a crap (never buy another Lowrance product, unit only 3 years old} but my old reliable Hummingbird unit is still ticking after 10 trs of use got us thru the day. All in all a great day out on ther water with dad, got some tugs on the line. Had some laughs. Heading up to Thousand Islands again in June will post when we get back, looking to beat my PB smallie, 5.2 lbs.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Got out Tues with dad on Forge Pond, weather was overcast most of the day, water temps ranged between 65 - 70 depending on where we were on the river, clarity was about 2ft. We caught 20 LMB nothing of any size most between 12-16"s and one pickerel. Caught most of my fish on a Ned rigged Hula Stik on a 1/15 TRD Finesse Bullet head, some on a 2.8 Keitech on 1/8th head. Pop caught most of his on Berkley 4" General wacky rigged. Pop is going to be 89 in a couple of weeks,great to be on the water with him. Love the new Millenium seats I put in the boat they are super comfortable.My Lowrance Triple shot took a crap (never buy another Lowrance product, unit only 3 years old} but my old reliable Hummingbird unit is still ticking after 10 trs of use got us thru the day. All in all a great day out on ther water with dad, got some tugs on the line. Had some laughs. Heading up to Thousand Islands again in June will post when we get back, looking to beat my PB smallie, 5.2 lbs.
Sounds like a great day with your Dad. I went to Forge yesterday (5/25/22) on my kayak. Fished from 1-4 pm. 7 bass, 6 pickerel, and 4 crappies. Most of the fish were on the 3" Keitech swim bait and one small bass on a 4" senko wacky rigged. Nothing big, I'm guessing most of the bass were 1-2 pounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts