The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to try to fish somewhere Other than
My normal stomping grounds.I looked on the dec website and found fc park pond in wantagh. Are the fish really that small there?I'm just looking to catch a few fish. I'm going for more quantity than quality. Has anyone fished here in a while?how is the access?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I went there once last year and got skunked so i dont know if the fish are really that small. it's very small and deep and there are plenty of weeds for the bass to hide in. The access is decent, there is a paved parking lot that leads onto a dirt trail.There are a few openings along the lake where you can fish. Be carefull if you are wading as it is very steep.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help.I'm probably just going to throw senkos and if there are pads I will throw a frog

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help bass24,anyone else have expierience with this place?

·
Registered
145 Posts
i went there twice early this season.. it was in the spring time when the water was still cold.. i believe water was still 50 degrees at the time.. first time I used my trusty jig n pig and fished near the end of the lake there, and had 2 bites, one i had on, but came off when i got it near shore.. it was a fairly descent size, 2.5 i believe.. so there is fish there.. but Im not sure where are they hiding now a days.. since its like 100 degrees and water is probably in the 80's..

havent been there lately, so im not sure how the vegetation is now.. but when i was there (probably in the late april) it was clear of weeds and such.. but im sure thats not the case now.

and yes.. if you are wading be careful.. it is DEEP.. i was only able to get 6-8 feet out from shore before i feel it DROP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts