The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
When I first saw this last month my first thought went back to when I was using the Dahlberg Diving frog and thought these replacement legs would go great in a hallow bodied frog . Those legs have great movement but the Dahkberg frog has a higher percentage of getting missed , only having the single oversized hook . This Lunker frog will definitely be added to the frog line up . Thanks for sharing the review Mike.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With any legged frog that will be the weak point and remains to be seen with this one. However for 6-7 bucks a copy I will be trying them out at almost half the price of the Koppers Mouse......

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
If these frogs are made the same as the Dahlberg from , know that those are not to be stored with other plastics they will stick and or warp like the elaztech worms . The Dahlberg frog comes with a pair of extra legs . It'd be good to read a review from a member here who uses this one .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Saw them at Walmart a while back and opened the pack. Frog looks good, is as soft as a Koppers, but pinched one of the legs and have it a little tug. Leg popped right out, so I put it back on the shelf!! Close but no cigar. Do like the looks of that Gabot pony frog though. Koppers is still the go to frog!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got one from Tacklewarehouse, haven't had a chance to try it yet. Going on my annual 4 day fishing trip with the boys this week and plan to give it a good workout. I'll let you know how it worked. I learned my lesson with the Koppers Mouse (which I really liked) tail. I complained to Koppers and they sent me 2 new mice. The first thing I did was put a dab of super glue where the tail attaches to the body. The tail stayed attached, a bass just bit it half off! Did the same thing with the LunkerHunt frogs legs, we'll see if it works. Stay Tuned!!!

·
God Awful Angler
652 Posts
I just got one from Tacklewarehouse, haven't had a chance to try it yet. Going on my annual 4 day fishing trip with the boys this week and plan to give it a good workout. I'll let you know how it worked. I learned my lesson with the Koppers Mouse (which I really liked) tail. I complained to Koppers and they sent me 2 new mice. The first thing I did was put a dab of super glue where the tail attaches to the body. The tail stayed attached, a bass just bit it half off! Did the same thing with the LunkerHunt frogs legs, we'll see if it works. Stay Tuned!!!
lol good luck on your trip and let us know how these frogs are!

·
Registered
72 Posts
OK so I'm back, and as promised, I will give my impressions of the LunkerHunt Frog. As I said previously, I was suspicious of the legs so i put a drop of SuperGlue where they attach to the body.
First, I like the finish on the frog, even though I couldn't get the one I wanted since it was sold out. The body collapses well, the hooks are nice and sharp. I like the fact that I didn't have to bend the hooks out a little(at least on mine),they were pretty good already. I've accidentally flattened barbs on hooks doing this and it ticks me off.
I used the frog for two days(not exclusively,frog bite was so-so, we had a LOT of rain) and had a fair amount of action. My hookup ratio on the hits I had was pretty high, I'd say 4 out of 5 strikes I hooked up, which I thought was pretty good.
Here's what I didn't like: As expected, after only the second blowup(I hooked the first one) the fish bit one leg off at the knee. The super glue worked, the leg didn't. However, I did continue to use the frog, and did continue to catch fish.
The other thing was, the frog seems to take on water a lot quicker than others I have used. It seemed to have a fair amount of water in it after one or two casts, which is kind of a pain.
That's my take on it. I wish the legs were a little more durable, but the price isn't bad. I'm still on the fence about buying another one. I'd like to see replacement legs or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.