The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John G had some family stuff today so I hooked up with Andy Footballs for some fishing on one of our favorite reservoirs. Sun came out early and strong with a light wind that couldn't make up it mind and keep changing directions. Water temps ran from 74.5° -76.5°. We started right out on some weed edges and had our first couple of hit and a misses fast. And in short time boated the first two of many. And that's how the day went as we bottom bounced soft plastic in and around weed edges in 10 to 12 feet of water. They were whacking at the baits ripping off claws and limbs not always getting the whole bait. We did mange to convert on 25 of them for the day after all drops and misses. The action was good and steady as we made a milk run there and back through 5 nice weed beds. And all action was on soft plastics could not buy a bite on a spinnerbait or crankbait all day and it was not for the lack of trying. But that ok when your catch bass like this

And this

only SM for the day

Best of the day went to Andy at 5lbs 1oz

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice job today and great report. I had the opposite today as most came on spinners and not many on plastics. Thats the beauty of it , having diff ways to connect on diff reservoirs.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice Job Gregg,
Nice to see you out there this morning. Great looking fish. I managed a dozen and dropped 3. Fished till 11:30 to beat the traffic over the Tappan Zee but no such luck, Still sat in bumper to bumper traffic.
Good luck when you get out again.
Steve A

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
good job boys.

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
yeah, yeah , yeah..story of my life..lol...

but I did have a nice family day...was my 8 yr old Granddaughter's birthday....

spoke to Gregg and knew they were cooking! lol....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Its a lot of fun when everything comes together and works. Not always like that. The day before on a different lake things did not work out as good. Greenish water and gooie weeds mixed in with uncoopertive fish resulted in only several fish. So like i said , fun when all works and you put some good numbers of quality fish in the boat. Just a real enjoyable summer fishing day . Thanks.

·
Not so lost...
3,676 Posts
After seeing the first pict of Andy I thought he was just unhappy knowing Marty was going to give him grief about catching a fish that "doesn't count". Then I saw te second pict and came to a new hypothesis..... Either Andy and Justin are related OR the both are just not willing to smile until that 10-pounder is in the picture. Regardless, I'd have been happy with any of those fish, great job Greg and Andy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.