The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now to many this might seem like I am cutting class to go fishing, but I am not! I have 3 off periods during my school day and one of them I use to fish at the pond by my school. I keep a 2 piece spinning rod in my locker at all times and have a whole tackle section in my school bag. All I have to so is show the security guards my ID and I am off to the pond. This pond has pretty much everything. Largemouth, Crappie, Perch, sunnies, rock bass, carp, and trout (I have no idea how they got in there!). Since I only have a half hour to fish, I stick to using small stuff for perch, Rockies and crappie. For the past few days the crappie bite has been amazing with a few decent bass thrown in. When I do try for bass though, I do catch a few decent fish in the 1-2 pound range. Here are a few pictures from the last 2 weeks.

Doing this every day helps me gain my angling confidence I need for when I fish tournaments, helps practice different patterns, and REALLY RELIEVES MY STRESS from all those little idiots in school.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
590 Posts
At a boy, Nothing like a little fishing to clear the head and get your Priority’s straight . I''m from the old school ... you have security gaurds at school??? Thats a great pond you have there. Keep us posted

·
Not so lost...
3,676 Posts
Way to fit in that all important practice. Not sure I get the guards or having 3 periods off. I must be old skool too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.