The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah....2004 is here...and so are the new fishing shows for the season. I see all of the shows formerly on TNN are now on OLN. The new episode of Bill Dance Outdoors fishing a tube in cold water is a good one. Roland Martin and Shaw Grigsby were fishing in the ocean so I didn't really pay attention. Hank Parker was throwing worms, buzzbaits, and crankbaits at a plantation in Alabama. A new show on OLN, Strike King Pro Team, looks good. I only saw the tail end so I'll have to catch on replay on Monday. But Kevin VanDam was catching some big smallies. Over on ESPN2 the shows have changed a bit. There was some hot blonde fishing for Peacock Bass in the morning....well...I think they were Peacock bass. The Fishin' Hole and Jimmy Houston Outdoors were back but I didn't see the Sportsman's Challenge. I hope they didn't cancel the show. I don't see it advertised on the ESPN website so unfortunately they may have bagged it. Linder's Angling Edge is on today at 1:00pm so everyone check it out if you have never seen it. Enjoy them all.....Mark

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I thought the new shows were good also. my only problem is this morning they were on at the same times as each other.

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
how about BASS tournaments for this season...?

·
MIA
526 Posts
Definitely Peacock Bass

My wife walked in while I was watching it and wanted to know if the blonde was the "fishing sex symbol". Told her I was more interested in the fishing!
I think I have a problem..........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cable here is just this week offering OLN and saw on Fri at 5:00 Larry Nixon 's show was on . Did anyone see it ?is it worth getting up for? I don't understand someone of this stature in bass fishing being in a 5:00 time slot.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I liked larry's show I wish they would make new ones. if anyone runs into Larry let him know.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Larry is competing again....

I was talking to someone on here about his show a few months ago. The Larry Nixon show on OLN is a best of type show with old episodes from I guess the mid-90's. You can tell just by the baits he using and saying they are new. I tape the show every now and then...but I think I have seen them all. It is a good show, hopefully he'll make new ones when he retires again. But the way he's placing....it may be for some time. I think he'll be on that new Stike King Pro Team show on OLN. See ya, Mark

G

·
Nixon and Strike King

I read somewhere recently that Nixon left Strike King over a conflict of interest with their new line of 3x plastics and Larry's sponsorship by Berkley.

·
Outcast Tyrant
1,489 Posts
Cablevision Sucks.....

There is no OLN and the prices go up every month!!! Time to get a satellite dish!!!
:cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
OLN

Hey

Over the weekend I discovered that I had OLN on one of the higher number stations.

I did not even know that I had it.

There were a lot of good outdoors shows on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sportsmans Challenge

I hope that they bring it back, I liked Ron Franklin and Doug Hannon.

The show showed a lot of information about Bass

·
Registered
8 Posts
labsrus

Nice to see a fellow Rochesterian on the boards. You must be a Time Warner subscriber as well as I just got those new station 69-72 last week.

On another matter, where do you normally fish? I have a place on Sodus and fish the lake and the bay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
OLN

I was suprised to get the new stations.

I am a constant flipper of channels but I do not go up to those channels much and I stumbled onto them

I moved into the Rochester area 3 years ago and have been learing the local waters.

I fish mainly Honeoye, Conesus, Sodus, Irondequoit Bay and Lake Ontario.

I have fished a few of the other Finger Lakes but the ones mentioned are closer and I have found a few fish.

I am always looking for new spots to fish.

I enjoy fishing Sodus and the Lake near there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here in my area, there's a local channel that shows a lot of low budget shows during the weekend. They usually start at 5am and get done around 10am or so. They're all right. There's one show that "stars" a couple of teeneged boys on it. It's pretty interesting seeing these kids hosting their own show, being able to go all over their area and making a fishing show.

I'd always hoped they'd make a realistic fishing show for people like myself. You and a buddy go out on a boat for 3 hours in the morning, get skunked, and go back in. By 11am, you're shore fishing, have a fire going, cooking hotdogs on a stick, and a cooler full of beer on the side. May not catch fish, but at least you'll ctahc a buzz! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts