The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a long stretch for us not to fish together, what with several family/event/vacation days, etc, coming up for us...

And it is quite a bit HOTTER since the last time ( too bad the fishing isn't hotter! LOL)....but anyway, since most of the RES crew have been struggling on most of the waters, we figured we would do something different and hit East Croton....

not unlike other waters, fishing was very slow: the negs: water level is down here, and despite some heavy matting ( in shallowest water ), the weeds in the deeper water do not extend out much more than 10 feet in most places and are very brownish, and full of slimy gunk....

our bites come primarily on the bottom with combinations of approaches: otter, worm, spinnerbait, soft jerk....just not much going on, however, we did manage to scratch out 8 Bass and 2 picks, but luckily one of the bass was a nice 5.3 pounder:

water color was VERY stained, and unclear in most areas...lots of algae scum and streaking....water temps were only79, but air got pretty hot and it was very much high humidity....

Mon through Wed is calling for mid 90s along with that same humidity, so , tough conditions should continue down here...

·
Administrator
11,533 Posts
Ah he was lucky I got the little fish out of the way first.....lol
It was really hot, and just a fish here and there no real pattern, but we did run into one of John favorties out sunning himself.

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
way to go men.your numbers match mine lately so I don't feel so bad.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Nice fishing men..its been tough..I thought that was you guys out there yesterday..I was working the island solo..i thought we would bump into each other on the other side..I only got 3 little guys..i also had 78-79degrees on the water temp..

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice fishing men..its been tough..I thought that was you guys out there yesterday..I was working the island solo..i thought we would bump into each other on the other side..I only got 3 little guys..i also had 78-79degrees on the water temp..
geez, ZIP, we can't let that happen again: I will PM you my Cell number, and if it happens again, give me a call...would have been great to talk with you on the water....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.