The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark wanted to bring his Ranger up and go out on the Hatchery for a few hours. Thw weather was iffy, and he had strong winds coming in. We got on the water around 7am and got a few fish quick. All were small, and we were getting small ones in the area's I was getting the 5-6lbers+ earlier in the week. My guess is, the weather has them all out of sorts until it stays steady again. The water temps were around 66* and there was no shallow bite worth talking about. All big fish came deep, where they should be right now. Me and Mark both dropped some very good fish before we could even see them. Right before we left, Mark had a monster on that he couldnt even reel in.

Fishing was tough. Alot tougher then it has been in the last few weeks. However, we still managed to go 23-24lbs for 5 fish.

Mark got a 6lb 3oz...and for some reason Mark makes big fish, look small haha.

right before we leave I ended up with 2 good ones, back to back...The first one went 5lbs 2oz's

second one went 5lbs 15oz's

we boated maybe 10 fish between the two of us. I was going to go back out alone, after Mark left but I decided I didnt feel up to it. I will be out almost every afternoon this week anyways.

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
your 5-15 looks fatter than his 6.wtg men !!!

·
Mission Accomplished
4,535 Posts
Nice going guys, Sorry we didn't get close enough to say hi in person. It wasn't supposed to be that windy today either ... that wind kicked our butt in the small boat !! Our 2 biggest were in the 4lb range , with another handful of dinks in the mix.

I would have liked to target some deeper water but limited on boat control ... and my buddy wanted to hit the back section & pads.

Oh well, get em' next time.

BB

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wind forecast was accurate for today. I looked at the weather at 6am before we went, and it was accurate. That lake can actually get pretty windy because of all the surrounding marsh area's around the lake that the wind can really get going. We got maybe 3 fish around the 4lb range. All the others were 2-3lbers.

Not a single fish shallower then 9ft..we tried the shallows, in very productive spots and it was a ghost town. Waste of time.

Deep cranking with Big cranks was top dog again. Mark was fishing differently then me, and he got the big fish of the day award. His new setup was also steadily productive.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
yup I make big fish look small.... and yes I had missed two - both felt bigger, & one felt like a really big fish - man I wish I could have seen that one! If you think the Andrew's 5.15 looks bigger - I sent sent him some photo's I took and it really does then!..

Mark

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
yup I'm starting to like the Hatchery - but fishing is so slow..... and you have to be so precise with your bait presentation - not an easy place to fish - but worth it! when you start to figure them out....

Mark

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It helps to have a good guide too LOL

btw, they were stacked in the good spot yesterday afternoon. Pulled up. 7 bass in 7 casts. 4 were over 5lbs...and I dropped 3 after those 7. Then it slowed down for a little bit....then I got 3 more in 3 casts.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
....Andrew is the man @ the Hatch! knows where all the big girls roam! I'm sure I'll have a few more shots at one of his pets - if he lets me catch it that is - I had to dig up a new technique for the lake just to try & show them something different but something they would eat as well.....

Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts