The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the last issue, on page 22, it shows the 1/2 ounce white Terminator Jig and ZOOM Super Chunk that Shane Voyles supposedly swam to victory at Eufaula, AL in early November. The fact that he won swimming a white jig does not suprise me, but the way he rigged the trailer with, not only the "pork" side up, but threaded all the way through it length-wise kinda intrigues me. It seems like the legs of the trailer would kick around alot more and give it better action this way, esp for swimming. Anyone else swim jigs and/or rig trailers like that?? I might start doing more of both!!
ScottB

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
havent seen the magazine, but that's exactly how I rig my trailers on jigs.

of course , hooking the trailer thru the head stems from using pork trailers.

To me, it just looks more natural, and makes the whole bait compact and neat....

Joe

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe, I too thread my trailer on up the shank for a compact bait. He threaded it on, but left it on the bend of the hook and essentially perpendicular to the shank of the hook so the legs kick straight up.

ScottB

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
jeez

scott...what kind of a hookset does this guy have?...must rock the boat hard!!!!...LOL

wouldnt that rigging interfere with setting the hook?...

interesting...

Joe

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, I noticed it too and immediately realized he was presenting a different profile. I like it alot, and plan to experiment with it.

I normally thread my on but I try to get it flat and straight out. Depending on the bait, I usually (but not always) put the fat part up. If I'm trying to get a bigger bait, I'll hook it through the front rather than threading it on. For this, I'll generally put the fat part down.

Although he was swimming it, it seems to me that the rigging may be even better suited for Pitching and Flippin with the flat and straight rigging maybe being better for swiming (just a thought).

Anyway, it doesn't look like it would interfer with the hook set. Maybe someone can get a picture of it in here.

See ya,

Joe K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts