The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I did our annual float trip on the Delaware. We floated with our guide Stephan also a member here. A beautiful day, mid 70's with a slight breeze.The water clarity was gin clear.The river was 71 degrees. We floated from Demascus down thru Skinnners falls (floating thru Skinners was a blast) put out in Narrowsburg.It was another great day, we lost count of the smallies we caught, easily in the 80's or more.We caught everything on Keitechs, tubes, senkos, late in the day the topwater bite turned on, hot pink flukes, Sammy's worked well, they hit as soon as the lures hit the water. My hot lure for the day was a Terminator 1/8th finesse jig tipped with a 3" Keitech swing impact.The highlight of the day was again the wild life about a dozens eagles, Osprey, hawks and a couple of deer. As always another great trip and company. This is our last time out this year, having my hip replaced in a week and half will be down for a while.Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice float. Ya know?....my mom's neighbor had both hips done about 7 years back over the span a about a year. No spring chicken. She still cuts her own grass to this day. Good luck, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Love that river. Was up there last wednesday and thursday with my son on our canoe. Floated north of you Hancock to Stalker Pa. area. Didnt use a guide and didnt get your numbers, but the fishing was still very good. Gots lots of smallies, suckers, some nice walleye, and our PB trout, a rainbow and a brown. Even had a large striper chase a bass up to the boat. Weather was great, water warm and clear, lots of swimming mixed in with the fishing. Wish i knew how to post pics. Good luck with the hip. Recovery is great time to catch up on fishing shows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.