The New York Bass Forums banner

Deep Bass Blues:

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  basseracci 
#1 ·
I have read these Threads throughout this past season with growing certainty that I am missing the vast majority of fish as they move to their summer patterns. i.e.: to deeper water. I cut my bassfishing teeth on shallow water, that which is 8-10' or less, and have had spotty success. This year my shallow prejudice came home to roost...My numbers were WAY down, as was the quality of the fish that I caught.

I thought I would start this Thread and ask for your tips on finding and fishing in water that is deeper....I read over and over again that our members are tubing in 20-30' etc....I have no idea whatsoever as to what I should be looking for as far as bottom goes, or contour, and how to present to fish in those areas. How does one find them? How in the world do you go about fishing deep when there is a persistent wind? How are you confident that your bait is even holding the bottom?

It occurs to me that I have NEVER caught a fish in that much water. It occurs to me equally that I've never really tried, sticking instead to weedbeds I can see, etc....

I predominantly fish at Saratoga Lake, and I do have quality electronics ( though, apparently no clue how to use them).

Please help me get off the schneid.

Thanks.

Zuke.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.