The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
george

thanks for the report and the pictures... like hugh crumpler's recent report, they're interesting to read and the pictures are a sight for sore eyes this winter.

but....

i have to give you the same rap i gave hugh and kindly ask you to stop posting these "advertorial reports"... you can become a sponsor of NYBASS for a very small fee and post reports all you want... it's just that we have a policy here regarding promotional posts... if we let one member do it, others will want to also...and we have other guides interested in sponsoring the site, so you can see the conlict there...

click here for our forum guidelines

thanks, mike

·
Pro Guide
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your answer

Mike,

Your answer to John when he suggested that I put a banner up was that you didn't have any more space as your site was looking like Times Square.

Contrary to your opinion, the purpose of the "advertorial report" was to let your readership know what was going on at the Stick Marsh. Apparently there was a fair amount that found them informative and interesting. They were meant so that those that are heading this way could have a guide as to what is going on down here.

But hey, it's your page.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
george... we can fit one more sponsor at the moment... hugh has not gotten back to me and i'm also waiting to hear from another guide to see if he wants it at the measly price of $120 a year...

i DO enjoy your reports, but john and i have adopted this policy to protect our sponsors and to keep the board free of spammers... now, i know you are not spamming, and you also contribute to other threads which is great... but you know as well as i do that your postings are to drive members to your business... hey, that's what you do and i respect that as a businessman myself... but you have to understand where i'm coming from... please don't take it the wrong way... this has been the policy here for quite a while, i am just helping john enforce it now... like i said, i enjoy the reports from you and hugh, and maybe down the road we can create a new forum just for out-of-state guides, but for now we are going to keep things the way they are... the forum guidelines are clear... in order to keep it fair, they must be enforced for everyone, whether it be a product or service...

i'm sure you realize that this "regional" fishing site is not a profit-making endeavor... we've added more sponsors since john and i bought the place so we can reimburse the cash that was laid out and to provide members with a few free products hopefully.... the ad rates were reduced from $480 a year to only $120 so that more members can sponsor the site... if you do the math you'll see that NYBASS is not a cash cow... that's only $720 a year for 6 featured ads, plus the small amount of revenue that we may see from the affiliate ads.

so, if you're interested in sponsoring the site, let me know... i am also considering reducing the banner size a bit as to acommodate a couple more feature sponsors... i will have to get the current sponsors to approve that first.

mike

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
well, the end result of this was that George accepted and is now a sponsor of the board!

he won't regret it......one client will pay for 2 years of sponsorship, so it is a can't miss situation!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts