Nothing worse than open water, and a boat blocked in by snow. I hate when that happens!!!
This past Spring I had a mountain of snow/ice in front of where the boat was kept. Slowly but surely, as warmer weather was approaching, I kept picking away at that clump in case I needed to get the boat out. Sure enough, by the time I needed to get it out, I had the path cleared!
You didn't learn your equations very well in school!! The "wife" definitely DOES NOT figure into that equation.
There is a good possibility of another system moving in on Friday (into Saturday) and with highs forecasted only at "near 30 deg.), I don't really see me making it. I've got to call it a day at some point. I think I'll pick up the drywall tomorrow and hang my ceiling on Saturday. Sorry!
Looks like it's going to be a cold one on Conesus! I still plan on going if the roads are decent. Saturdays forcast is for a high temp of 26 with a light to moderate northerly breeze, and cloudy. this will surely be the last time out for my boat, I may even fog the motor before I leave the ramp.
I heard Honeoye has a decent layer of skim ice at the south end
I hate to do it, but I am going to call off the Tx due to low predicted turn-out, a snow storm to the south, and a sick Tx partner. The only other boat I know of that is even a "maybe" is Noel. I will still be out, but just fishing for fun. If anyone is interested in riding along, I have an open back seat.