The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How this possibly exist under the law? Tully Lake is one of my favorite fishing holes for bass. They closed the DEC launch on the south end a few years back (hand launch only now) and enacted a 7 HP restriction on the lake. However, the many residents who live on the lake have jet boats, jet skis, bass boats, pontoon boats etc.....Now how can this possibly be? The DEC shouldn't be allowed to even close a public launch on a public lake. Hell the DEC comes in with their weed removal machine and drives that all over the lake removing weeds with our tax dollars for the residents, but we can't even launch a boat in the lake. So basically the residents are getting their lake maintained and protected with tax dollars.

This whole deal really has me steamed. Am I right or wrong or not seeing this through the proper lense?:furious:

·
Registered
144 Posts
How this possibly exist under the law? Tully Lake is one of my favorite fishing holes for bass. They closed the DEC launch on the south end a few years back (hand launch only now) and enacted a 7 HP restriction on the lake. However, the many residents who live on the lake have jet boats, jet skis, bass boats, pontoon boats etc.....Now how can this possibly be? The DEC shouldn't be allowed to even close a public launch on a public lake. Hell the DEC comes in with their weed removal machine and drives that all over the lake removing weeds with our tax dollars for the residents, but we can't even launch a boat in the lake. So basically the residents are getting their lake maintained and protected with tax dollars.

This whole deal really has me steamed. Am I right or wrong or not seeing this through the proper lense?:furious:
You are absolutely correct, they have turned it into a private lake, the residents should be made tp pay for work done on the lake and any stocking of the lake, not the taxpayer.
Rodney

·
Registered
51 Posts

The 7HP restriction is only for those using the public hand launch. There is no overall HP restriction on the lake. If you knew someone who lived there that had a launch, you wouldn't be bound by the hand launch restriction.

And how exactly is the launch closed? The parking lot at the launch is always full of cars. When I lived in Homer, I was there at least twice a week. Never had any problems launching. And since I could pretty much fish the entire lake in half a day from my kayak, do you really need more than a 7HP motor?

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
it's called tyranny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts