The New York Bass Forums banner

Dec 27th Largies!!!!!!!

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Lpbassman 
#1 ·
Andrew Bornn and I hit Randolph Park Lake (Pit 2) today for a little blade baiting and drop-shotting. Water temp was 39 degrees and pretty windy when we first hit the water around 10:00am. We hit our first spot, and much to our surprise, I boated a largemouth on a Silver Buddy within the first 2 minutes!

<center>
</center>

It was a long spell until anything else came in the boat. But about 2 hours later I got another keeper largie. Then Andrew joined the fun with a big 4lb "Pike"rel.

<center>
</center>

The winds calmed down and the day was pretty nice for considering it is late December. I couldn't let Bornn have big fish on the day, so we called it a "push" as I also boated a big 4lb "Pike"rel:

<center>

On the day we managed 6 pickerel and 2 bass. We will take it! :beerchug:

See less See more
#6 ·
I was tempted to go out somewhere tomorrow, however, I want to go to the boat show....

would have to take the JON of course, with the tracker winterized.....

part of JOhn's success, a big part, is choosing the right waters at the right time.....

#8 ·
Just my luck!!!

Huge,

If you were a few more miles to the northwest you would be cutting holes in that water and I even gave that a thought, although with the last few days being warm the ice was looking thin.

The river was not even an option as the rain and melting snow had it running high and muddy, but of course I had this week off of work!!!:cussing:

Some nice pickeral you and Andrew caught.

PS: Tell Andrew I like that hat much better than the #24 hat!!!:D

#9 ·
Nice job...

John, you've done it again...Way to keep things going...just think, the longer you can fish into the winter, the less you'll have to wait to fish in the SPRING !!!

Congrats...

"Jealous In Yonkers"

Mark D

#12 ·
I MUST BE A HERETIC

Good job guys.
Unfortunately, I started winterizing the Jon last week. Got the Lazy-Boy out and coated with bacon grease so the naugahide don't crack. Peelin' the Senko's, worms and lizards out of the 14 cup-holders and installing new racks for the dynomite.
Yesterday I was clomping through the woods to find the doe I shot late Fri. She's hangin' under the garage now and will finish filling my freezer with her Mon. night. Beef prices won't mean nothin' to me for a while. Got a Crock-Pot from Santa and that means venison stew ALL winter. Uuuuuummmmm!

#13 ·
Man, Gene, life in the rurals of West Virginia!!! sounds nice.......

Ronnie: ideally, I would prefer CT so that I would be fishing legally....of course, it is even colder there and most of those waters are probably hard, the small ones that is......

Woody gave me a great idea on the phone the other day: I was talking about maybe going to squantz cove and staying in the cove only with the JON, but then he said, why not take the tracker and simply leave the outboard up the whole time...since you are using trolling motor only, why not have the front mount and comfort? that made so much sense that I went out and re-attached the battery charger line....just in case!

never really thought of that: as long as the motor is kept high and out of the water, we could still use our bass boats in limited useage....we wouldn't go that far of course, which is why Squantz cove, as an example is sort of a "lake within a lake".....and if you just hang it, and stay away from the main lake, the trolling only is no bother whatsoever.....I mean, how many times have we worked that cove with our troller anyway for an hour or so?

time is precious now though....the warm trend continues through tomorrow....I am off WED , however, we are having a big NewYears party so I will be on duty all day WED and that day is out.....I would fish on NYs day, nothing planned family wise, however, the weather will turn again, and the question is, will the ice free waters stay ice free or not?

#17 ·
Nice way to cap off the year, John & Andrew! Oh wait......there's still a couple days left! :D

Way to go, fellas. Getting the skinny on all your outings has been a real treat in 2003. Hope to see plenty more in 2004!

Tight Lines...

P.S. You guys would be "right at home" here in WNY! :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.