The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. Made my yearly trip to Damariscotta lake in Maine. On the water at 6am to 8:30pm. Well over 100 smallies up to 17 inches and I stopped counting at 30 on Large Mouth with 10 in the 5 range. I had several periods where I had fish every cast for 10 fish. My arms are sore from reeling them in. Did 8 hours of video but can't wait to watch it. Family showed up for a few hours of playing in the water. I Love Maine! Also found a favorite new lure which I will review
Fisherman Fish Hat Recreational fishing Fishing
Water Cloud Sky Boat Hat
Vertebrate Sky Tree Mammal Fisherman
Sky Fisherman Fish Fishing Hat
Water Boat Sports equipment Paddle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great pics of the little people. I have to get to Maine!!

Knowing the lake like you do, did you come across anything new with the new FF? They appear to be a nice piece of equipment. Do you like it so far other than the occasional finger smudge on the screen?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chewdog, I had a hummingbird 385ci and the dragonfly is amazing. You had to guess what you were seeing with the 385 but I was dropping jigs right where they should go and getting the thump I was looking for. I bought a zagg invisible shield for an ipad and cut it to fit the dragon fly so no more smudges.
I feel like I'm 100 today. Both my arms hurt and my hands are stiff and torn up from trying to get hooks out of smallies. I was using winco custom 3.5 creek darters with a 4 sickle hook in the nose. Tiny hook but once those are in they don't come out!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cus, got a bunch on the G Loomis you sold me. That rod has got a bunch of 5s this season.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Great trip. You see the three new eagles on the island across from the state launch? I happened to be there when mom was feeding a few weeks ago and it sounded like a small war. You had a much better day than I, fish wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saw them Eric. One got a nice fish. I fished the launch down the left. Smallie fest started around the first little bend on the house with 2 docks. Smallies were mostly on winco creek darters, then small tubes, horny toads, evolve mad mice and jigs. Large mouth on mad mice and jigs but would only hit zoom speed crawls. Green during the day and black/blue late eve. A few on white spinner baits. Also went across between the 2 islands. Some times I go to deep cove but the left side was loaded. I only went as far as the first big rock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.