The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Candlewood Lake on Friday and meet a very nice man from Conn. in the parking lot. We hit it off and began speaking about bass fishing in general. He asked me if I had ever fished Lake Zoar or Lake Lillinonah before. I said to him that had I had not. I told him that I had heard through the grapevine that these fisheries were average at best. He replied that from his experience both on both of these two lakes they were much better then average and recommended trying them.

So, what are these two lakes really like?
How do they fish throughout the season from spring to fall?
Do they get the fishing pressure of Candy etc?

Thx

·
HardCore
1,858 Posts
I live next to Zoar. It turns out some nice fish, but I don't fish it at all anymore except in October and November. Lilli is much better than Zoar, but it still isn't half as good as C-wood.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
They are both beautiful places to fish BUT can be very tough. If you can go during the week when they are running water the bite is much better. The launch at Lilly stinks, you need to be right next to the rock wall to keep your trailer nearly level when loading the boat. The launch at Zoar is very nice with a dock. It's the first time I have ever heard that these lakes were better than average. Just go on the tournament page and research the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.