The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sunday AM

if frank is up to guests... i'll bring the coffee.
i'll post a time later... early like before.

nick
scott
frank
paul
everyone...

if not franks... ronko launch.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'll be there at 8:00. All are welcome.

I know that Barry and JP are stopping by some time during the day, no definite time.

Fished the back of Blydenburg and the falls to Caleb with no luck. Scott took two tiny yellow perch.

Broadbill

·
MIA
526 Posts
I'd really like to put some faces to the names. Is 8:00 the time? I'll deinitely try to show up!
(That's definitely for the Spelling Police :D )

Rich

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
800am sounds solid...
i will have D&D coffee and a dozen.

i'll email a few people and see what we come up with

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a decent crew showed up for some prayer. we shared coffee, munchkins and BS. good to see brothers Tony and Frank again. Andrew, Rich K, Nick, Scott, Barry, Joe Pido, and more....

a nice morning spent with some fishermen.

andrew how did the "yardwork" at "home" come out?

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
alleluia

Breakfast at Ronkonkoma Outfitters, Broadbill and Tony. Good to see the usual suspects this new year. AKO, Scott C, Hooked Solid, Bassrat. Thanks to Theole for the coffee and donuts. Hello to new NYBasser Rich K.

like Rob said, just talking and laughing. It was fun.

Went to check out Blydenburgh and made a few casts. Hightailed out of there as soon as it started raining. Coming back to the truck, entertainment was provided by 2 lovebirds in a BMW. Not wanting to waste a free show, I hung around a little while. .....;)

Barry showed up?...

Joe

G

·
andrew how did the "yardwork" at "home" come out?
Great day! Despite the semi-rainy conditions, nice day to be on the water. Was draggin hare in the channel and and hookin up with a few January bass;) . First time using a hare jig and I like em':D . On a side note: All the Raptor talk all morning had me stop @ the book store on the way home looking for a new hawk book and sure as shit... a Red tail was sitting in a tree opposite the parking lot. I was able to film him for a a solid 15 minutes. He was quite "approachable" in comparison to those you see in the woods. He felt quite safe with me filming him from a close vantage. Of course the wife had to watch my own, "National Geographic" when I got home!

Nice time at Ronkonkoma Outfitters! I got to say, Franks place is really looking good and full of gear for everyone! He is even selling Aquaskins! Nice job Frank!

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhhhhhh
the book
what was the name of the book my friend? very detailed.. nice birthday present for Zmann!

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
disregard andrew... found it. sibley -- national audobon society...
we have many of NAS books already and the kids love them. we have the First Field Guide: Birds
and eastern US species finder for all animals

G

·
Rob, forgot to mention it @ Ronko, though I have said it before, you are one dedicated father! If and when the day comes that I become a father, I hope to be as "involved" with my kids as you are with yours! Apple doesn't fall far......

·
MIA
526 Posts
Great meeting everyone.

Thanks for the coffee and conversation. Real good group. Some incredible knowledge of (what's left of) the "wild" side of the island.

AKO32. Inspirational - out in the kayak today. Maybe I won't wait til spring.:)

Enjoyed meeting everyone. See you on the water...

Rich

G

·
AKO32. Inspirational - out in the kayak today. Maybe I won't wait til spring.
Glad to inspire Rich! ***PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use EXTREME caution when going out in the kayak this time of year. Won't take long to, "Be fed to the fishes"! Nice meeting you Rich, any help needed during the season.... contact me and I will do my best to get you on fish!

·
MIA
526 Posts
I hear ya! Supposed to get real cold by the end of the week. I have this strange aversion to hypothermia!
Probably will be in the Spring.
Thanks for the offer. Just might take you up on it.

Rich

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
last year guys were gung ho to hang out on sun mornings.. i say if you're busy.. don't come down... if you have no real tasks.. stop in and see frank. i am sure if a few guys go in on sundays it should be a good meeting place. get any new gear.. bring it down. want to show off some new techniques show it off. wanna watch denny lee roth videos.. go ahead. i will most likely be in sunday working on a website with frank. if anyone has any public domain graphics or home done stuff let me know. anyone with lunker photos let me know too. email me any photos. email me any personal testimonials about dealing with ronkonkoma outfitters.. i will offer to include them on his new site.

robbie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts