The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday took Andrew out fishing to Glass lake, have always heard stories that it was stocked with trout... well I've never caught one before but I did see one in this bass's gut - estimated to be at least 10" long with a good chunck of tail sticking out of his throat and still had no problem trying to eat my 3/4 oz jig.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope - but I'd bet it would work. lake fishes odd at times, the top is a giant flat with slight contour lines (averages from 8 to 14 ft) and a few off shore milfoil beds mixed in. The bottom half is steeper drops with deep water up to 50ft deep. Fish are very scattered and not in the weed beds as you would have thought - at least not a lot per weed bed! Water is clear 5 ft +. I've always thought that the larger bass probably suspend chasing off shore bait but really haven't been able to prove this. Have tried D/S - deep cranks and even a C-rig this past weekend - sure you'll get the occasional bite but seems like only early spring and fall do the larger bass start to show up... I'll keep searching until I can find what it takes to unlock the lakes true giants - and that swim bait may be the way to go...

Mark

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it is fun and one of my many haunts that I fish with my carry in boat! This bass was my 7th one caught over 6 lb. and landed in the past 6 years - I've heard of larger & I've had at least a 7 lb. on before but couldn't land it! Maybe this fall?

Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts