The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about hitting Champlain next week with my girlfriend but i'm not sure if it's any good yet... Im seeing reports with water temps in the high 30's still....

I usually fish the north end of the lake but i'm not even sure if south bay is even warmer right now.....

Anyone been in Ticonderoga recently? It's a 4 hour drive for me so I just want to make sure i'm not going there to see an iced out boat launch!

Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's high and flooded, chocolate brown and full of debris and floating logs and trees from the piles of rain. It's also been snowing here all day, low overnight temps, and high's barely breaking the mid 40's. This weekend isn't the weekend I'd want to be out. The forecast for the next week looks even worse. This will be the first year in a long time that I can remember that the lake hasn't been fishable in April.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Even though it's high and flooded, the mouth of the Saranac River in Plattsburgh has been solid fishing the last two weeks. Many people are catching Smallmouth from both the shore and boats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Will be heading down a few times over the next few weeks... Will let you know how it goes!

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts