The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a tough week on the CT River kicking and scracthing for every single bite I could muster, when I saw no wind and sunny afternoon skies I knew I'd hit Chaumant Bay after work.

By the time I get home changed cloths and made it the lake it was 5 PM with sun down approaching at 7:12 PM

I fished a couple of mainlake shoals with no results so the last hour I went into the mouth of a bay and fished 7-9 ft. and I started generating strikes. I missed three fish on the Flash Mob Jr. and then I landed three fish and I missed one genuine slob on the Lucky Craft gunfish.

I know for sure that the Eastern basin of Lake Ontario will always be on my short list of the best smallmouth waters anywhere.:peace::peace:

I ran into nybass.com member Ricky Border and he was nice enough to snap this photo at night fall just before we pulled the boats out

Thanks for the assist Ricky

Attachments

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Those things are not legal in BASS or FLW anymore. They are cheating lures. My question? Why cheat to catch Smallmouth?:laugh: Really, I hate those things. Shame on you.:laugh:

·
Luck O' the Irish to ya!
68 Posts
Burnie,

ive realy gained a lot of insight and information from your posts regarding Chaumont. im making the drive this weekend, and spent the better part of 3 hours this week watching current and past youtube videos of yours in the area for the last 4 years.

its a 5 hour plus drive from me, and i realize there is a cold front blowing through RIGHT before i get there, but the fact that the bite is on based on your post, and the prospect of a monster fish makes it worth the 2 day trip. wish i could have gotten tuesday off as well.

id not be even making the drive if not for your generosity with the info. pretty much my entire decision to drive up there this late june was based on info you and Lunkerboss posted. very helpful, and though i havent made it out to chipewa and alex bays yet, i managed a bunch of decent (but not quite 5 pounds....missed by an ounce!) smallies and bowfin and drum this june in chaumont.

if this weekend goes well, i will drive back up with rich T next. love to shake your hand in person if you are gonna be there and say thanks.

thank you again.

Mike O'Mara
O BASS

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike. Appreciate the kind words and this is what nybass.com is all about. Helping each other catch more fish. My only problem is I just don't have any of those secret lures that Marty's always posting about , so I just buy my stuff off the shelf. All joking aside... I'll be around Sunday so give me a call and maybe I can meet you at Chaumont 315.408.7622

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.