The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not help myself. The weather was great. Went up to Central Park for a few hours. There was some ice still on the water at 72nd st but most of it was open. Did not catch a thing. My thoughts were that the fish were in the deepest part of the water out of casting range from shore. I was using a T-rigged senko fished all from ultra slow to fast. I tried. Got a lot of stares though and many questions.

·
Fish Fanatic
243 Posts
Wandy,
I know exactly how you feel buddy. Once your hands start to itch for a fishing rod, you'll do anything to catch fish. I must concur with mikeD in NYC, I've read that in CP the water depth is just about the same for the most part. I don't think the fish are hiding in deeper areas. I've tried fishing in Bowne Park, Oakland, Crocheron lake of Queens and caught nothing as well. The fish seem to have just disappeared from Oakland once all the ducks and geese came into the lake. I've even driven out to Hempstead Lake to fish and that was the day the very first drop of snow hit NY(which evolved into a snowstorm) You have my sympathies buddy. I learned my lesson when I realized my FWD Lancer started to skid in the snow coming home from a fishing trip, no more fishing for me till the season is right!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts