The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love to use crankbaits, spinnerbaits and top waters but finesse fishing is still new to me. Had my first fish my first time on a drop shot rig yesterday. Not very big but I was pretty happy, kinda reinforced I was doing it right. Either that or I caught the dumbest most unlucky fish in the lake :laugh:

Had it rigged with this Berkley power worm

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
That is a smart fish... that beauty looked right in the camera for you .... congrats

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
go to a smaller size hook - like a size 1 wide gap Gama and use 3 & 4" baits, set the weight (1/4 oz) 18" below the bait and just make sure the bait stays on the bottom trust me you'll catch tons of fish. make sure you run your tag line through the eye of the hook this will help to keep the hook out and upright.

Mark

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you like crank baits and drop shotting, give drop shotting a crank bait a try.

Just drill a little hole in the lip right at the split ring so you can run the line straight down through the lip. It's a great way to get your cranks down beyond 20 feet and doesn't wear you out like the deep divers do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.