The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
Be careful what you wish for. There is a couple of ponds which I have fished over the years and was somewhat " Choked Up " and removal of aquatic plants , removal was done by man power and large paddles wheel pulling up the plants. Well.... when cost came into removal the powers to be decide to chemical shock the water, This year NO PLANTS BLACK DEAD LEFTOVERS , OVER 80% of the pods have no bait fish and we will see next year what damage is done .
$$$ solves everything .

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
as I suspected All tag holders received a letter in the mail this week .Sons of Bitches did shock the local res. water here in Rockland, Notice not to eat any fish and drink the water , posted signs on roads leading to the fishing areas.

And another thing Ct waters , Lakes and Res. are infested by Zebra muscles How did they get there ?... lazy fisherman who won't clean out their bass boats before the next outing.

Going to have a couple Land Sharks while the Yankee rain delay is in progress

·
God Awful Angler
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesus thats terrible... I did not hear anything about chemical shocking the lake in Massapequa. The article shows pics of boats filled with plants so I assume they took it all out by hand. There has been a barge in Upper pond in Yaphank, NY for a month or so I hear also. No chemicals there.

The new rumor is Blydenburgh State Park in Smithtown/Hauppauge tested positive for west nile and its closed for spraying. I wouldn't go there for a bit...

I'll give Caroons a try this week. Spent some time North of it for some top water. Only thing biting were the BUGS! HOLY SHIT mosquitoes everywhere!!!! And gnats too!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.