The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering who else here is from the capital district area and what they fish for. I know most of the action here happens down near NYC and such. But I think there are some here who fish within an hour of the Albany area.

I googled Capital District Fishing Forums and found a site but it's new. I think I will join that one too because I do fish for other species as well. Just hope it takes off.

We tried the Hudson just below Schuylerville in some of the flooded areas. Still to cold. We did find some fish stacked up 10' down in 17' of water. Twitched a Super rogue by them real slow and got a couple.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
There's definitely quite a few guys from the capital district and all over the state, on this forum. I think a lot of recent action has been down state because the upstate guy's were pretty much frozen until about a week ago and I'm pretty sure some areas might still be, which is CRAZY.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I've been here forever, usually you can find me out somewhere every week in the Capital District area, during the open water season.

Mark

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah buddy! It's been too cold. We did get a couple a couple weeks ago...but it was hard fishing as the water was only 59 degrees.

I just signed up at that capitaldistrictfishing.com site and the Admin didn't mind mentioning this site at all. I may offer him some of my help over there. I think it's a great idea myself.

·
Mission Accomplished
4,535 Posts
Here is my 12 month breakdown in the "518"...

Jan-March: Ice fishing, usually just pannies and some trips to LG for Lakers.
April-May: Stripers, i am a Striper nut, in the next 20 days i will be on the river more than i will be at work :)
July-Dec: I'll be on local (smaller) bodies of water seeking out largies ... Sept/Oct for slobs !

I may squeeze in a few quick trout trout trolling trips close to home, or join a freind for some pannies mid-summer once or twice.

BB

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is my 12 month breakdown in the "518"...

Jan-March: Ice fishing, usually just pannies and some trips to LG for Lakers.
April-May: Stripers, i am a Striper nut, in the next 20 days i will be on the river more than i will be at work :)
July-Dec: I'll be on local (smaller) bodies of water seeking out largies ... Sept/Oct for slobs !

I may squeeze in a few quick trout trout trolling trips close to home, or join a freind for some pannies mid-summer once or twice.

BB
Sounds about right!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a518 number, but I spend most of my time fishing waters just over the border in the berkshires. Berkshires have some fantastic fishing! All species represented. lakes and river fishing along with many small ponds that hold good bass populations. pM me if you ever want to check it out

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to a few schools growing up in the Capital District. Class of '88.

K-7: Glenmont/Bethlehem
8-12: Shen​

I've been on Champlain for the last 19 years. Looking forward to the spring bite which hasn't started yet up there or here. I really want to hit up Ballston.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's on! My buddy went there and didn't catch many...all suspended. He never touched a bed I guess.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I live here in Clifton Park also love the fishing around here mainly stick local like Saratoga lake, Balston lake, Lake lonely and Hudson and Mohawk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I live here in Clifton Park also love the fishing around here mainly stick local like Saratoga lake, Balston lake, Lake lonely and Hudson and Mohawk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live right outside of albany, in slingerlands. I love fishing toga, ballston, and lake george! If any of you guys every need some secret spots to go, just message me. I'm always looking to go and fish with new people. That's if you're okay with farm ponds and small lakes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts