The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of taking a ride to Candlewood for 2021 maiden voyage at Squantz Is the ice gone? A friend of mine drove up to Sullivan County’s Toronto Res. He was disappointed to see it covered with ice. Any report would be appreciated.
The lakes in my neighborhood in Monroe are ice free.
Thanks Tom S

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking of taking a ride to Candlewood for 2021 maiden voyage at Squantz Is the ice gone? A friend of mine drove up to Sullivan County’s Toronto Res. He was disappointed to see it covered with ice. Any report would be appreciated.
Thanks Tom S

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went to candlewood on tue. no ice on lake ,water temp. 40
I decided to leave the boat at home and just drive out. Brought my wife and had a nice day. I did see some ice while driving along rt39 in the bay to the south of Squantz Cove. I saw that the lake is down about 6 feet and most of the ramp was showing. There were 4 trailers parked and it appeared they launched off of the side of the ramp off the sand. We then drove to Lilli at Steel Bridge and found the water level was normal but no docks. Beautiful day glad I took the drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Tom S
No closed season on any ct waters Governor opened the season early , very hard to launch on candlewood with the low water , be aware 4x4 needed and still a hairy launch , no ice on the lake been out a few times .

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No closed season on any ct waters Governor opened the season early , very hard to launch on candlewood with the low water , be aware 4x4 needed and still a hairy launch , no ice on the lake been out a few times .
Isn't it generally closed from 4/1 till two weeks after because they stock trout? The DEEP regs list it as closed for those two weeks.

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
I drove by yesterday and everything I could see was totally ice free, but yes, lake level is still down: same for Squantz Pond, which is down a good 2-3 feet.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts