The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a new member of this forum and I would like to ask for tips on the NYC reservoirs. For me fishing the reservoirs it's either hit or miss. Lately it's been pretty bad I would have to say. I also fish the Long Island lakes and ponds and I'm always finding the right patterns. I can't say that about the reservoir. If anybody could give me any info I would be very grateful. Thank you.

·
Gone Fishin
1,212 Posts
what are you trying that isnt working? from shore or boat?
what works on LI that doesnt in westchester?
welcome to the site. There is a lot of great info here. But you will need to share more to get more.

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
right now on most reservoirs they are buried in deep weeds.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From boat and I have tried multiple baits at different depths. Lipless crankbaits work the best so far. Senko worms which are great on LI waters are not so good on the reservoir. Also top water with a frog was great in LI this year where at the reservoir they don't like to come up I guess.
Tnks for the response and sometimes more questions help you catch more fish.

·
Weights&Measures
2,196 Posts
There are too many factors during this time of year to try and guess exactly where the fish are. One day they can be in the weeds and the next day be on deep water structure. I agree, yes you should be able to find fish in the weeds during this time of the year but on some waters the exact weeds they and be found on are specific. Also you can find fish on all types of deep water structure which you need to locate using a depth finder. After you find areas that could hold fish you need to figure out what baits and presentation the fish are responding to. Good luck

·
Registered
484 Posts
Be less intuitive. When you see a spot that looks good for a frog and you cannot get a bite then try punching through with a jig or weighted plastics. They're down there it's just a matter of findin the right thing that makes them tick.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm not a big Senko guy, but one of the guys I go fishing with always puts Bass in the boat with Senkos. Some days he only gets a few, other days he is killing them with Senkos. When using Senkos it's all about location.

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
Horea: in this particular case, since all of these waters have their own "personality", it would greatly help your cause if you mentioned the specific water

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
true,because if you're fishing titicus all I have to say is get used to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts