The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I are going camping for the first time together. We are looking for a campsite somewhat close to Northern NJ with boat rentals and of course a good bass fishery.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Spruce Run Reservoir has campsites and the boat (w/ motors) rental is very close to the camping area. There are limited campsites and it can get crowded on the weekends, mid-week should be no problem.
There's decent LM & SM bass, northern pike, and crazy good hybrid striper fishing (late night this time of year. I've also caught some big (8 to 12 pounds) channel cats on topwater when targeting the hybrids.
If you do go there, keep me posted. I live nearby and fish for the hybrids as often as I can.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately there was no campsites for spruce run friday so we settled on swartswood, which worker out quite well, though fishing was very tough since I was fishing in the midle of crany hot days with no depth finder. Still was good fun all around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.