The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jr. Tournament Angler
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that I receive Cabelas orders with standard shipping much quicker than Bass Pro orders with standard shipping. For the most part, they both use UPS. Cabelas arrives in about 3 days (same as Northern Bass), but Bass Pro takes about a week. Because of this, I don't order from BP as frequently unless they are the only ones that have what I'm looking for. Does anyone else (particularly on L.I.) experience this with BP? - Pete

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
I have always found Cabelas faster than Bass Pro, yes, my similar experiences......I will order from both however, but for some reason, still order more from Bass Pro anyway...........

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
I think it has more to do with how fast they process the order. BPS offers to ship it quicker if you pay extra --- has nothing to do with UPS , just how fast they get the order ready to ship.

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
the lag in delivery is usually a handling flaw rather than a shipping flaw, but can be either. gregg may be able to explain the "hub" aspect of shipping to you. if the wharehouse is located at or near a hub it speeds the process up a little.

the handling is where a company can score points. i call companies direct sometimes and ask if they can pull an order immediately. some actually charge for this. look for a company that says your order will be processessed or handled immediately. they pull it, package it, and ready for ship within hours of placing the order.

some slower companies don't even screen orders until the morning after it is placed.

in the age of "I want my toys NOW!!!" quicker means more customers!!!
edit---Pete beat me to it!!!

·
1,252 Posts
I know BPS chagres for same day shipment "if you ask." They also charge for USPS "if you ask." Most of the time if you don't ask for either and it's a small item they do both. It's a BPS ripoff. Another BPS ripoff if you amend your order they actually make it 2 orders and charge you double shipping and handling. This forces you to cancel your first order and redo to avoid the 2nd set of charges. Don't they make enough on the product that they have to rip us off on every sale as well?

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
I think BPS is pretty quick. If you need something in a rush then you must specify and you'll get it. If it is that important, you better make sure you arrange it that way. If you are talking about an order you make in December when you aren't fishing anyway, you can wait a little longer....no?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I made an order Friday at 9am Jan and was told i would have it on the 16 unless I wanted to pay more for faster shipping. I got a notice this morning it was shipped today so we shall see. In the past it took a week.

·
Jr. Tournament Angler
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
earthworm77 said:
If you are talking about an order you make in December when you aren't fishing anyway, you can wait a little longer....no?
Yes, I agree with you Craig, but during the season, I have to order in advance with BP, but Cabelas, I can order sometime towards the beginning of the week of a tournament, etc.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Craig, As a shipper of goods I'm surprised to hear you say wait if it's December because you aren't fishing anyway.If I call in an order and you took my money I expect it out as fast is reasonably possible. so I say No.

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Phil, I know you love to question everything I say but this fellow is concerned that he isn't getting a package in 3 days. It usually takes about a week, lets leave it at that please. It is January now, If the product doesn't come in three days, unless it was supposed to....can we let it slide?

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
I placed and order to BPS on the 30th. I got 1/2 of it on Sat. and I still haven't recieved the other half. I'll deal with it until it comes. If you wait until the week of a tournament before deciding you absolutely must have something, shame on you if it doesn't come to you on time because you don't get it shipped Express.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
if you are into Ice fishing than this is not your year,still too thin or not covering the whole lake/pond/river.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
As I said before I made my order Jan 2 and just got the last back ordered item(Rapala DT6) today. 18 days to get a $35 order plus two back orders and two wrong colors(bandits) not a good mark for BPS.

·
What, me worry?
288 Posts
I'm a "Premier", "Preferred", "Club" or what-ever customer with both companies. I don't get any faster shipping from either.

I've found that the product from both companies take the same exact time to get to my house in Buffalo. I've ordered from both on the same day and received both orders on the same day.

I've had problems with BPS screwing up the order though... numerous times. Never had a problem with Cabela's. From Bass Pro, I've received the wrong product at least 3 times and a damaged reel once. I should say that they corrected each problem to my satisfaction. The incorrect product were baits and each time they sent out the correct one's N/C and told me to keep the baits that were incorrectly sent. On the reel, they immediately sent out a replacement and mailed a UPS pick-up tag for the damaged one so I didn't have to pay shipping to send it back.

One thing I noticed is that if the product, from either company is shipped by UPS, it takes 5 or 6 days to get to my house. If shipped USPS, it takes 2 or 3. Additionally, I noticed that about half my orders from either company were sent UPS and the other half were sent USPS. It didn't seem to make any sense. It seemed that whatever carrier they felt like using that day, they used. Product value had nothing to do with it because most of my orders were less then $100. Therefore I figured I would request USPS since it gets here faster. So, on an order to Cabela's I requested that the order to NOT be shipped UPS and shipped USPS - they obliged and didn't charge me any extra. I did that with BPS on a $40.00 online order. They obliged but charged me a $10.00 surcharge for "special shipping". I called and complained and they removed the $10 charge but told me that "Special Shipping Requests" get the $10 surcharge. I told the girl that Cabela's didn't charge me a "surcharge"... she didn't seem to care. Too bad...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts