The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Burnie,

Wish all reports could be like yours....I felt like I was out w/ a guide just reading......you'll do better next time but from the sounds of things it still was a decent day.....Love the details and time you put into a good fishing report....Thanks and FISH ON(ALWAYS!!)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
S SKeeter

I'd never seen one in Lake George either until that day, but I can say this ... in gin clear water with the fish less than 18 inches from your tolling motor there's no doubt it was a Musky

And that might help explain why the 2.25 lb. SMB I was catching mysteriously disappeared ...just a thought but kind of make sense .

·
GET THE NET!
345 Posts
Burnie as always a great write up. Now I'm wondering when we can expect these write ups for lakes such as Oneida...... :)

Best of luck for your remaining season.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
great job! I've fished your 1st swim jig area many times in the past - one day in practice a large school of smallies were out off the bank - hooked 2 in the 4 lb range and broke off a bigger one, however a week later not a one to be found!...

Mark

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Team Z

We're all still awaiting for one of your detailed reports as well

OK now that's a friendly poke and Z ... but seriously I was always told this board was desigend to share reliable fishing information with like minded people

so here's the challenge

Who else is willing to lay it out there, really tell it like it is.

- What you did
- Where you fished
- How you fished
- What worked and what didn't

I imagine some tournament die hards look forward to that kind of information because even if it does pay off 100% for them... it can at least help them narrow down their search .

For me I share what I share because I genuinely hope it helps some folks improve their angling adventures

If what I post helps just a handful of folks expand their fishing opportunities and options then how's that a bad thing?

Do any of us have any idea just how many fish are really out there ?

I know I don't, but I also imagine it'd take me three lifetimes to even put a dent in the bass population of NY and even that statement is being very generous

Come on team it's fishing ...

When I think of my travels across this globe for 27.5 years as a US Army Light Infantryman this stuff pails in comparison and falls way short on my seriousness meter... sure it's important to me, but more importantly is the enjoyment I get out of just going fishing.

It doesn't matter if it chasing line class records, bass tournaments, pike derbies, big bass derbies or just fun fishing with the grandson or daughters... it's fishing and that's really what's most important

So don't be shy.... sound off and share the info if you dare. :letusfish :peace:

·
Unicorn Chaser
871 Posts
Such a great report burnie! Really enjoyed the read and gratz on placing well on Oneida the other day, great job

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
S SKeeter

I'd never seen one in Lake George either until that day, but I can say this ... in gin clear water with the fish less than 18 inches from your tolling motor there's no doubt it was a Musky

And that might help explain why the 2.25 lb. SMB I was catching mysteriously disappeared ...just a thought but kind of make sense .
Hmm. I believe you. Just never heard about anything relating to musky's in that lake and also its not a species listed by DEC in there.

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
I’d seen before and I marked approximately 38 beds most were empty but about eight or nine beds held guarding male smallies of 13-15 inches. Really not worth the effort
now THAT'S a Tournament guy speaking! lol........

just absolutely amazingly constructed report, Burnie!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts