The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
21,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the word is that McDyess is fully healed....with him and Mutombo, the Knicks will present a totally different look.....

without McDyess, I would not make such a prediction....

also: there is a trade in the works.....don't know what, but wait and see.......

last years rookie point guard, Frank Willliams, will unseat Eisley as 2nd guard in, watch......

and Lampe and Sweetney will contribute off the bench in a big way........

watch........

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
bink...I hate to disagree

Big Celtic fan like you, but I didnt like the move that Ainge made. They can say that the move was more of a salary dump, making the Celts eligible for a mid level free agent for next year. But really, it looks ( on paper) like a lopsided deal. We should have gotten more for Walker than just Raef and the Euro player and the draft pick. Bear in mind, Dallas got a solid guard in Tony Delk too.

I would have luved to see Lafrentz AND Najera . That deal wouldve solidify the now weakened front court of the Celts. You gotta love Najera's grit and determination, almost Rodman like.

Looks like the Celts are depending on Baker, a much improved player on what I saw during the preseason. Hope Marcus Banks develop into a solid guard.

As far as the Knicks go, if Mcdyess is good for 75 games or more, I expect the Knicks to go deep into the playoffs. Van Horn could prove critics wrong. The addition of Mutombo, more for defensive purposes, is a good move. They need a solid point guard, no Ward or Eisley who I think are in betweens. A made up point guard with shoot first mentality....

cant wait for the season to start.....

·
Administrator
21,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also did not like the Celtic trade!!!! La Frentz??? he is the ultimate NBA token White Pussy Arsed Pencil necked geek! LOL....

Walker will only make an already strong team stronger.....

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
on the positive side, Lafrentz can open up the middle by hitting those 3 pt shots and let Pierce operate with his one on one moves inside more efficiently.

Hopefully, Raef is good for 12 pts and 7 boards /night....at least....tough to replace a 20/10 guy like Walker...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
To bad the screen cant show sarcasim..,..,..,of course the walker trade sucked I was joking. Lafrenz is the next Eric Montross and the mav's will score 145 a night. If you can remember Ainge as a player you know Walker was not his kind of player.

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
gotcha, binkie....LOL.....

gotta admit, everytime 'Toine clunks a 3 pter, you cringe!...what an ugly release......

I remember Walker being touted as a Charles Barkley type player, a bruiser and a banger inside the paint coming out of Kentucky.He has good inside moves and should really take the ball inside the paint more. He couldve been like a Karl Malone.

Don Nelson should use him as an enforcer inside and leave the shooting to Nowitski .

How do you like the celts starting 5....

Center- Blount
PF- Baker
SF- Brown
SG- Pierce
PG- James

ouch!!!

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
John, I'm not a huge B-Ball fan but I do know about the Knicks. They may have Van Horn, who is soft or Mutumbo, the same guy who could barely play in last years finals but they lost one of the only two guys on the team with character and heart......Sprewell. Thomas is the other. I can't put faith in Mc Dyess, who hasn't played in 2 seasons. You know if you do, he'll go down within the first 5 games and then what?? There's always next year? Bad job by the Knicks this offseason.

·
Administrator
21,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't stand IMUS! LOL......

Earthy: don't be fooled......Mutombo is still very useful, and Sprewell was greatly overrated....

Spre might have had energy and desire, but he lost his shot, his shooting percentage was so abysmally low that it undid all of his other positives.......

two absolutes of basketball:

1. you have to GET the ball

2. you have to put the ball in the hoop!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Joe, that is the starting five of a "rebuilding"team. Not feeling to positive about this season,should get a decent pick out of this year of course the C's won't be bad enough for the lottery so it will be a 12-18 pick.

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
John, Motumbo is not durable, my point is that he can't play every night and the chance that he is consistent every time out is a long shat at best. They should have looked for youth. Remember the last time they took a chance on a young center....his name is Patrick Ewing, you may have heard of him. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts