The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fishing at blue lake in Sterling forest for years but never had a topography map for it. Does anybody know anywhere to find one?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Try going through the Tuxedo town hall

·
Registered
390 Posts
There is a map for Blue Lake in the Sportman's Connection book (SE New York). You can pick it up in Davis Sportshop up in Sloatsburg, or I can make a photocopy of the Blue Lake map and send it to you. Just send a PM with your contact info.

·
Cast-Set-reel-release!
756 Posts
There is a map for Blue Lake in the Sportman's Connection book (SE New York). You can pick it up in Davis Sportshop up in Sloatsburg, or I can make a photocopy of the Blue Lake map and send it to you. Just send a PM with your contact info.
I have the same book, the lake is called Sterling Forest Lake aka Blue Lake. It's pretty much a bowl with 26 feet of water at the south end. I never caught anything impressive in that lake. A lot of pressure on the weekends. I've kayak fished it. It looks great, lots of weeds and structure. But I'm not impressed.

·
Bass Angler
1,036 Posts
What DonRichie says; good looking lake that gets meat fishermen catching them from shore quite often during the season. I had some good numbers days there, especially on pickerel, which get to a decent size. Those picks took a dozen or so jerkbaits from me last spring.

Joe

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had some good numbers days there, especially on pickerel, which get to a decent size. Those picks took a dozen or so jerkbaits from me last spring. [/QUOTE

Same here. If you go there mid-to-late May it's a pick-fest fishing flukes and similar soft jerk baits. The lake does have some nice bass in it though.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
There is a big something in there to have raked this one. It's a picture from maybe '07 when I was in my straw hat era. :laugh:
about 07.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
mwd,

Could I get a copy of that as well? Send you a pm. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts