The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JoeBass
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am an avid bass fisherman I really enjoy fishing jigs for smallies and largemouths. I am trying to expand my repertoire of fishing spots that I can travel to (I live in Bronx, NY and don't mind an hour's drive or so). I also recently bought a single person pontoon boat, so I am looking for a few good spots that are easy to launch out of, but also offer good bass action. Finally, my dad and I enjoy fishing together but he prefers the shore, so if there are spots where we can fish (him on the shore, me on the boat) I would love to know about them. Also curious to know peoples' luck with jigs in the 7 lakes.

I would also be down to meet up with people if they were planning on heading to these areas!

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
by seven lakes, we can assume you mean Harriman?

if so, remember, your boat needs to be registered with them in order to fish those waters, also, several of them require keys to access them, such as Welch and Island pond....and I believe maybe Tiorati also, people on here who fish those waters can correct me on that if I am wrong.

·
JoeBass
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Registered!

by seven lakes, we can assume you mean Harriman?

if so, remember, your boat needs to be registered with them in order to fish those waters, also, several of them require keys to access them, such as Welch and Island pond....and I believe maybe Tiorati also, people on here who fish those waters can correct me on that if I am wrong.
Yes I was informed about this and I was able to register my pontoon boat o Sunday. As for the key, I was told about that by a neighbor so I will avoid those spots until I know how to get the access key. I am more interested in learning about which lakes are more user friendly so I can practice using my boat while also having some luck fishing for bass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts